¹²Epilogue

Good times always pass by very quickly. In the blink of an eye, Qiao Jing Jing's vacation was already half over. At first, Yu Tu had promised to come back for dinner today. As a result, Qiao Jing Jing had already marinated the steak. But before he get off work, he called to say that there would be a basketball match at night, so he would not be home for dinner.

"Your institution even has basketball matches? Why didn't you say so earlier? I've already marinated the steak."

"It's the institution's semi-final. Originally, I was not included but a team member has something going on and couldn't participate, so I'm substituting in for him last minute."

"Are your basketball skills so bad? You're only a substitute?" Qiao Jing Jing was very surprised. He had been the absolute main force of the school team when he was in senior high school.

There was a moment of silence on his side, then he sighed and said, "Miss Qiao, I am old already."

Qiao Jing Jing: "......"

Yes, although Teacher Yu was still handsome, he was, after all, already more than 30 years old. For basketball and the kind of high-intensity exercise it is, he should not be as good as the young people who just graduated.

However, his tone was simply deliberately faking misery to gain sympathy. Qiao Jing Jing laughed out loud into the phone. Was she that kind of gentle and considerate girlfriend? No. Thus she immediately happily stepped on him again. "That's right, Teacher Yu, you are already 32 years old!"

Yu Tu: "......"

"What about you? Aren't we the same age?" Yu Tu cruelly reminded her.

"No, I am not, I'm not there yet." Teacher Yu was too cruel. How could he say such scary words? Qiao Jing Jing immediately denied it three times in succession. She even brought out an article written by a commercial account used for marketing to prove her claim. "Previously, there was a commercial account saying that I give off a girly feel. And definitely no one paid them to say it!"

"Oh. Actually I had backed out of playing of my own accord. But see, they called me to substitute right away once they were short of people. Doesn't this indicate that my physical strength and skill are stronger than those other young people in the institution?"

"Okay, okay." Qiao Jing Jing wanted to laugh again. Were the two of them now proving that adults can also be very scary when they start to behave like children?

"What are you laughing at?" While saying this, Yu Tu could not help laughing himself. "If you don't believe it, come and verify it with your own eyes. At the same time, you can cheer me on."

"Ah?" Qiao Jing Jing was surprised.

"Didn't you always say that you want to come to my work unit to eat in the canteen? Bring your identity card. I meet you at the entrance."

The basketball match was starting in an hour's time. There was not enough time for Qiao Jing Jing to put on the 'devious' makeup this time. She hurriedly put on some foundation and basic makeup and left.

When she arrived at the door of Yu Tu's work unit, the one who came to meet her was not Yu Tu and instead was a very bright, cheerful girl called Xiao Yin, Yu Tu's female colleague whom she had met last time's dinner gathering.

Xiao Yin shouted in a loud voice, "Jing Jing!" and ran over, saying, "Yu Tu has been switched into the starting lineup and has to warm up and prepare now, so he got me to come and meet you."

Qiao Jing Jing quickly expressed thanks.

"Have you brought your identity card?"

"Yes."