Chapter 37

In Yu Tu's home, a dinner gathering had just finished. After seeing off the relatives, he returned to his room.

His WeChat history still remained at the message that he had sent out. He put down his mobile phone and felt a little anxious.

Would he really need to use his driver's license as an excuse?

He opened the window and the cold air from outside hit him in the face. Leaning against the window, he lit a cigarette and gradually calmed down.

Compared with him, she had ignored him for merely two days. What right did he have to be edgy here?

His mobile phone, which was on the desk, started to ring, and he reached over to answer it. It was a call from a senior high school classmate, Li Ming.

"Yu Tu, there is a senior high school classmate gathering today. Everyone is singing at the KTV. Are you coming?"

Yu Tu tactfully declined, "I will not be going."

"I knew it. But if you really have nothing to do, just come. Qiao Jing Jing is also coming..."

Yu Tu suddenly tightened his grip on his phone and interrupted him, "What did you say?"

Li Ming said, "Qiao Jing Jing, the big celebrity. She said she'll be coming to the classmate gathering."

Yu Tu's finger was burnt, but he couldn't care less. "When did she say it? Where?"

"In the class group chat. You didn't look at the chat? At first, less than twenty were coming, but I reckon it is almost 30 now. The class monitor had to quickly change to a bigger room."

Yu Tu hung up the phone and tapped open WeChat. There was already a few hundred messages in the class group chat. He had not looked at them this whole time. He clicked in and his finger quickly scrolled through a few times. Then he grabbed a coat and dashed out.

His parents were watching TV in the living room, and they were surprised to see him like this. They stood up and asked, "What's going on?"

Yu Tu quickly changed his shoes. "I'm going out. You don't need to wait for me, because I'll be coming back late."

After saying that, he closed the door and left.

Mrs and Mr Yu looked at each other, "Oh dear, just how old is he? He's still doing things in such a rush and chaotically."

Yu Tu also felt that he was probably as impulsive as a senior high school student. No, he had never been so impulsive in senior high school.

There were too many people out and about during Chinese New Year. The taxi was stuck in traffic a few hundred meters from the mall where the KTV is located. Yu Tu immediately got down from the car and walked quickly.

By this time, Qiao Jing Jing had already surrounded and stared at by the classmates at the KTV for a while. She had even sung a cheerful and lighthearted song.

Pei Pei sat nervously beside her, for fear that someone would sneak photos or whatnot. Actually, she was over-anxious. A celebrity is also an ordinary person. What's more, all the people here were senior high school classmates. After gathering round and gawking for a while and the novelty had worn off, those who wanted to sing went off to sing and those who were drinkers went off to drink.

Of course, it was inevitable that people would keep coming over to talk or greet her and ask for an autograph. Thus the seat next to her was in great demand. The seat on her left side was fixed, with Pei Pei occupying it, but the one on her right side was ever changing.

Everyone was taking turns to sing songs. The class monitor was busy taking count of people. "Who else hasn't arrived? Hey, the two studyholic top students of our class both didn't come?"