Ch. 21- Reunited

*Baby crying in the distance*

"Mm..Who is that?"

"It's okay babe I got it this time"

"Huh?" I instantly opened my eyes as the voice of Derek still echoed in my ears like a sweet melody.

"Derek it's really you!!" I jumped out of bed and ran behind him knocking both of our bodies onto the floor.

"Baby what's up with you?" He asked with a confused smile as I kissed him all over his face.

"You haven't missed me?? I've been gone so long!"

"Miss you? Babe you've been with us all this time? What are you talking about? Did you have another one of those weird dreams"

"Huh? Dreams?"

"Yes lately you've been off..You have these dreams where both Zayn and I disappear from your life but somehow you manage to find us again..You always wake up hugging us tightly"

"But...This doesn't make sense...I've been gone?"

"Baby you've been with us..You've never left our side..Are you feeling okay?"

"Um..Yeah...I guess I just woke up from a really really bad dream...Nightmare I would say" I confusingly answered him as he helped me up.

"You got it? Or do I?"

"For what?"

"Zayn's bottle"

"No I'll do it" I said as he handed me our little boy's tiny bottle. He gave me a soft kiss on the forehead and left to the restroom.

I slowly walked towards a beautiful sky blue crib that was right across our bedroom. As I got closer to it I noticed there was a small dove feather hanging on top of it.

As I gently touched it the voice of the Archangel Ramiel surrounded me.

"A dove feather was placed above your son to protect him. I am his Angel. Protector. I will watch over him forever"

"That's comforting to know. I have a question..Time has passed but Derek doesn't seem to know I've been gone. Why?"

"Because in his mind you never left. Do not mention anything you've lived through. Continue living your life happily now that you're with them. As long as you stay by our side you'll always be protected. Your nightmare is finally over Anaya"

"Thank you Ramiel..I don't feel afraid anymore"

His voice was no longer felt and suddenly Zayn began to cry. I carried him in my arms and silently shed tears as I finally had him close to me once again.

After so long all I wanted was to hold him near me as much as I could. So I did just that.

Months turned into beautiful memorable years I lived by my family's side.

We were getting ready to celebrate Zayn's birthday. He was turning six.

"Mommy I have the candles here!"

"Wait Zayn don't run!" I heard Derek shout as a loud noise of shattered glass was heard right after.

It didn't take long for Zayn's cry to alarm us both. We immediately ran towards him and noticed he had knocked over a small coffee table that carried a platter full of wine glasses.

Derek was having a couple of his friends from work over to attend Zayn's birthday party so he had placed the wine glasses there.

"Wait! Careful babe don't hurt yourself! There's a lot of broken glass"