Ch. 31- Eerie Silence

Six entire months had passed by. It felt weird but nonetheless somewhat peaceful. From time to time Ramiel the Archangel would send me visions of Zayn through my dreams. He was getting so big that it broke my heart to be missing his growth and most playful years.

I wanted to hug him and tell him just how much I really missed him but for now settling with seeing him from afar was enough. There was word circling around the Temples that Damien and his Demon Army had grown suspiciously quite. Even though both Temple Rulers and Angels were working together to spy on Damien and his Army. There was always that eerie feeling that something was not right.

My sweet Zayn was becoming one of the best fighters Angels had in their army of children. He was becoming so strong that they began to teach him along the great Archangels of Battles. He would ask about me everyday and each day Ramiel and the others would tell him I loved him and I was always watching but couldn't be with him yet. He wanted to strive in being the very best there was just to impress me.

If only he knew how much I wanted to hold him.

While in the Temple I learned a lot from them as well. Not so much about fights but they taught me patience and how to feel the greatness of peace. It was actually a really handy technique that might save me from trouble in the near future. Ruler Drayo taught me to close my eyes and focus just on feeling peace within.

After several attempts and fails I finally was able to master it. Once done correctly whatever negativity was surrounding me would completely freeze giving me time to act. I'm sure he taught it to me so I can use it against Damien and his Army once the time came. We all knew he was quite but we were also sure that he was waiting for the perfect time to attack.

So these past few months I trained my mind to be strong against his control. Now it's just the waiting game. Waiting until he comes back for his golden girl.

"Hey beautiful you're awake!"

"Kiko I've told you not to call me that..I don't want others to think wrong"

"I'm only saying out loud what they're all thinking in silence"

"You're a fool nobody here see's me that way"

"I know someone that does"

"Who??" I blurted out with desperation that made him chuckle with amusement. My cheeks got red while the embarrassment I felt choked me. I didn't say another word. He laughed some more and then leaned in towards me and said "We're all attending a flying competition..Come join us..He'll be happy to see you as well".

With a blink and a smirk on his face he left my cabin right after. My heart seemed to skip a beat every time I saw him. The feeling of a hundred butterflies roaming inside my stomach scared me deeply. Though it also excited me. It had been so long since I felt jittery and overwhelmed with mixed emotions after Derek.

However the thought of loving again both petrified me and made me feel alive. A feeling I thought was both dead and buried inside.

Without debating on whether I should join them or not I quickly fixed my hair into a ponytail and applied soft lipstick from a rose petal the Temple Female Servers used for soft makeup. Before I knew it I found myself running towards the camp site I knew they practiced flying.

"You all know the rules! The winner of this battle gets to choose there strongest opponent to be their partner for the real battle we've all been waiting for!" Ruler Drayo spoke from on top of a hill to everyone else who attended the flying competition.

His strong loud voice echoed clearly upon everyone's ears. All three of the Rulers were there, it was the Ruler Fayette's turn to speak. "We shall also grant the winner with a Medal that will indicate he or she is top-tier of our Army. Those that are enemies will single you out and know who they're going up against".

"My fellow Temple Soldiers and Servers. This competition will give recognition to the one that will lead our Armies in combat whenever Lucifer decides to strike!" Princess Irina spoke with much delicacy but also sternness. All three Rulers raised their left hand and shouted "Let the competition Begin!!".

I hurried to stand next to Kiko who was cheering for his fellow friends who were competing. There was a huge crowd that also shouted in cheer for their supporting teams. As Kiko took a seat I followed next to him.

"Why aren't you competing?"

"My wings haven't matured fully yet..I can't compete"

"Oh I see..You do look young"

"Haha age doesn't matter here..My wings haven't matured because I haven't assisted enough battles"

"Ah..Why aren't you cheering for your brother?"

"I cheer for the teams that need the support..Kyra is one of the best out there..He doesn't need any cheering"

"So they will just fly against each other? Like a race?"

"Oh no this isn't your typical race competition..There will be obstacles thrown at them while they fly..They gotta beat each and every one of them together as teams..You have the Red team..Then there's the Yellow..Orange Team and lastly the Blue Team..They all have four participants in each team..The last standing team will need to fight each other before crossing the finish line..Only one will win"

"It sounds dangerous!"

"Not at all..They're all highly trained"

"What about the servers?"

"Ah you see..My Temple Rulers like to be fair with everyone..So the Temple Servers who are mentally trained and are also wise may join the competition..They might not be as strong as the Army competitors but they aren't weak either"

"What team is Kyra in?"

"That one right over there" Kiko pointed at a team who were dressed in almost ninja like attire. My eyes glistened as I watched Kyra stretch out his wings looking like some sort of sexy Goddess.

"I take it you like the color blue?" Kiko asked while holding back a chuckle. I nodded a yes with my head and replied like a zombie "It's my favorite color". His laugh snapped me back into reality and I quickly turned my gaze elsewhere.

"You know it's forbidden to love a mortal"

"I wasn't aware? What would happen if"

"Don't even think about it..It just simply can't happen"

"Would he be casted out?"

"Yup..But not only that..Because we don't live in age here if he was casted out to Earth he'd die due to old age..It would almost be an instant death"

"I see...Well good thing he feels nothing for me" as I said that his eyes seemed to be looking at someone. I followed his stare and noticed Kyra was looking straight at me as if the entire time he was searching for me.