Ch. 35- Missed Me?

"You look almost like her Anaya" Princess Irina said as she looked at Maya's locket picture and then glanced at me

"Go home and take all that off

"Go home and take all that off..You have no right to wear that!" Ruler Fayette shouted in a demanding voice.

Both Ruler Drayo and Princess Irina tried to calm him down as Maya grabbed me by the arm and took me away. As we walked passed all the temple servers and army soldiers looking at me in silence I began to feel embarrassed.

"Ever since I arrived here not once has any of the Temple Rulers scold me the way he just did in front of everyone!" I shouted as we got inside my room. Maya rubbed my back as she tried to make me understand that he didn't mean it.

But the real reason behind his sudden raging reaction wasn't explained yet. "I wanna know what happened between your sister and the Temple Ruler Fayette". Maya turned around and faced the mirror as I noticed her expression change into nervousness.

"Wasn't Raya going to marry that soldier named Jasper?"

"She was suppose too"

"So what really happened?" As I turned to look at Maya I noticed her eyes shed silent tears and her hands balled into fists on-top of my mirror counter.

"I'm sorry Maya..This subject doesn't concern me and I had no right to ask" I said as she turned around to face me and slowly made her way to my bed. She sat down next to me and began to explain everything.

"Raya was considered one of the most beautiful temple servers in the realm..She took after our Mother..She caught a lot of attention and one of those eyes that always admired her belonged to our Temple Ruler Fayette"

"He was fond of her?"

"So much that they grew close to each other..She served our Temple Ruler and was loyal to him until Ruler Drayo found out about his brother's liking towards Raya"

Maya turned down as she gulped down a chunk of saliva trying to make out the next few words that deeply pained her.

"You see it's forbidden for any of the Temple Rulers or Princess to fall in love with a temple server..Ruler Drayo immediately assigned a soldier in this case Jasper to court Raya romantically so that way Ruler Fayette could stay away from her"