Ch. 22- Field Trip of Horror

"What do you wanna go see first champ?"

"Lions!!"

"Ohh my champs a brave little guy"

"RoOAaRr! Was that scary dad?"

"Haha yeah you scared me! Let's go see some lions"

"Babe aren't you coming?"

"Huh?"

"The lions mommy!"

"Ohh..Yeah go ahead..I'll catch up in a bit"

"Are you alright my love?"

"Yeah Derek I'm fine..It must be the heat"

"But it's a nice sunny day..It's fresh?"

"I'll catch up okay? I just need to rest for a bit"

"Alright..We'll see you there"

"Please be careful with Zayn! Don't let him out of your sight!"

"Obviously not Babe" he replied annoyingly as I watched them walk hand in hand. If only he knew the animals were the least of my worries. My heart ached painfully as the thought of losing them again crossed my mind.

The fact was that ever since Zayn's nightmare I didn't feel any peace. I felt as if I was being constantly watched and at any given moment Damien would strike. It frightened me completely.

I thought over and over about what the Archangel Ramiel mentioned. He would protect Zayn here on earth for as long as he lived. But he didn't mention anything about Derek. I didn't want to lose either one of them.

.

.

"Dad! That lion has big teeth!"

"Look how majestic these creatures are huh buddy?"

"Truly fascinating aren't they?" A woman with long silky dark hair and a curvaceous figure stood next to Derek.

"They really are.."

"Dad can we go look for mommy?"

"But we just got here champ?"

*Whispers "I don't like that lady..She's not nice"

"Ha..Kids..I'm sorry" Derek said to the mysterious woman standing next to them.

"It's okay..You know what they say about kids and drunks"

"Um I'm not quite sure?"

She leaned towards Derek's ear and whispered "They always tell the truth".

.

.

"Aaaaaaahhh!!!!!!"

"Omg someone help!!!!!"

"Someone do something!!!!!"

Sudden loud frightful screams and people running towards the direction where Derek and Zayn had gone too caught my attention. My heart began to beat almost as loud as thunder. I was able to hear its echo in my ears.

My legs felt like they were going to give up on me as I ran towards the direction everyone seemed to be heading too. I had a massive bad feeling that sunk in the pit of my stomach as I noticed there was a huge crowd by the lions pit area.

Suddenly people began to get pushed back as officers stood in the front row loudly speaking to someone. It seemed as if they were trying to convince someone over something that I couldn't make out. Everyone around me was loudly shouting and there was so much commotion that I began to scream for Zayn and Derek.

However there was no sign of either one until...

"DEREEEK!!!!!!!!!" I anxiously shouted as I noticed the person who was causing so much disturbance and attention was him precisely. He was blankly walking towards the lions den.

He was completely emotionless as if he was in a trance. Even the way he walked it didn't seem like he was himself. I desperately searched for Zayn but there was no sign of him at all. Though I was relieved he wasn't by Derek's side watching the love of my life walking towards six hungry massive lions killed me inside.

"Ma'am do you know this guy?" An officer asked me as they pulled me towards the front. I nodded a yes as I began to scream after him but it was no use. He wasn't listening to anyone.

I tried running inside after him but the officers pulled me back. I heard them mention they would shoot the lions with tranquilizers so someone can get in and get Derek out. We all stood aside as they shot each lion. However none fell. If anything it only pissed them off.

"What the hell!? The tranquilizers are suppose to be effective!" One officer shouted as another shot the six lions once again. Still they didn't fall.

I knew exactly why. This was all Damien's doing. Suddenly I felt a mighty force wrapping itself around me. I felt as if I was being slowly suffocated and forced to watch. My eyes didn't blink once and I stood still as a sudden chilly breeze aroused my face. The breeze came with a message that was whispered inside my ear.

"Enjoy the show future Queen. A small gift from our Ruler". I knew exactly who that voice belonged too..Jezebel the Demon of Heartache. I remembered clearly that she was able to possess any human and drive them to insanity. Even commit suicide.

My heart pounded with each second that passed by and Derek grew closer to those lions. I wasn't able to shout or move. I forcefully stood still as I continued to feel a strong force surrounding me preventing any movement of mine to be made.

All six lions stood up and circled Derek. They slowly walked around him while licking their mouths with hunger. Derek suddenly turned around and looked at me directly. It was finally him. I was able to tell that he wanted to run from there. His eyes carried so much fear and sorrow at the same time.

He was afraid of those lions but he was more afraid of not seeing us again. It took all my might from within to break free from the evil force I felt holding me back. Just as I shouted "NOOOO!!!!". The lions all pounced on-top of Derek knocking him down to the ground.

It took three Officers to hold me down as Derek's loud screams full of pain and fright echoed like thunder inside my ears

It took three Officers to hold me down as Derek's loud screams full of pain and fright echoed like thunder inside my ears. Causing me to blackout from agony.