Ch. 37- Annie

"Mommy can you hear me?" 

"Mommy why don't I see you anymore"

"Mommy please come back to me"

"Mommy!! WAKE UP!!"

That voice somewhere inside my head calling out to me. Each and every time I tried to get near it the voice would suddenly disappear and I was left alone all over again.

I got out of bed to drink a bottle of water still feeling shaken over that constant dream. I always wondered what it meant but never fully understanding why I kept having them.

'Ugh..Six missed calls' I thought as I looked over at my phone. Shelly always called every time something happened with her boyfriend around this time. She had such a rocky relationship with him that I gave up on telling her to finally leave him.

Both of us met one chilly evening outside a bus-stop. The bus broke down so everyone had to get off and wait for the next one. A creepy guy standing near her kept bothering her, I couldn't stand by and watch it happen. So I took action and threatened to hurt him if he wouldn't stop.

He thought I was joking at first but soon after noticed just how serious I was once he saw me pull out my pocket knife. He said he didn't want any problems and decided to leave instead. Shelly thanked me and from that point forward we became close friends.

"Shelly?"

"Omg are you home!?"

"Uh yeah? Why?"

"Annie you need to watch the news!!"

"Huh? Why?"

"Your face is on t.v!!"

"What??" I asked confused as I desperately searched for the t.v remote. Finally finding it underneath the sofa I quickly turned it on as Shelly remained on the line.

"If you have any information about this subject please contact the number below or go to your nearest police station. Please be careful as this subject is dangerous!"

"Annie!? Are you still there??"

I almost dropped the phone as I fell on top of my sofa with a shocking expression printed all over my face. It was definitely a picture of me but with a different name on it.

"Annie!??"

"Yeah Shelly I'm still here!"

"What's going on!?"

"I-I don't know!! I gotta let you go Shelly"

"If you're in trouble you need me to help you Annie! I'll head over to your house right now!"

"NO! I don't want you involved..This must all be a joke! I-I gotta go to the police station there's gotta be some sorta misunderstanding"

"Omg Annie!! Your house is on t.v!! Look!!"

I suddenly heard loud helicopters hovering over my roof as they pointed the lights inside my house. "Shelly I'll call you soon I promise!". Quickly ending the call I changed into a pair of jeans and a simple black tee. I threw my old sneakers on and grabbed my bike.

There was no way I was going to risk getting caught if I took my old Volkswagen. I discreetly took a quick glance around the backyard and noticed the lights from the helicopters were only pointing towards the front side of the house.