CHAPTER 3

KEISHA'S POV

ring, ring, ring!!! I wake up to the sound of a ringing clock, which I swiftly silence. When I go to the restroom to get ready, I notice my swollen, bloodshot eyes in the mirror. For the past two weeks, I've gotten used to seeing this every day when I get up. I'm not sure how much longer this will go on. I'm sick of feeling like this. It's not me. I don't want to be emotionally numb; I want to feel again. I want to be the cheerful Keisha I was before Tyler dumped me. I take my gaze away from the mirror, undress, and enter the shower.

I take my time scrubbing the misery and tiredness from my face and body. I exit the shower and return to my room when I'm done. I apply lotion and put on a floral dress with sandals. I put my braids in a ponytail, apply gloss, and carry my handbag to meet up with my friends after I'm certain that I look decent. I'm curious about Yolanda's early plans. I'm hoping we have breakfast first because I'm starving. As I descend the stairs, I notice Yolanda sitting at a table, gazing out the window at the gorgeous beach that awaits us, looking as stunning as ever. She is dressed in a black leather little skirt, black sandals, and a white shirt that reveals her stunning figure. While we waited for Shanae, I went over to her and hugged her, and we talked and laughed. We both knew Shanae was notorious for not keeping time, so we were in for a long wait. Shanae descends the stairs in booty shorts, a crop top, white Jordan sneakers, and sunglasses after approximately 20 minutes, and she looks amazing. "Hey peasants, did master keep you waiting?" Shanae stated while hugging us. We returned her greeting with a smile.

"OK, I guess it's time we leave now; I've got plans for a delicious breakfast and a day of seeing the city," Yolanda replied. We all clapped and walked to the car. We spent the day exploring after breakfast. We returned to the resort shortly after the sun had fallen. Yolanda and Shanae were getting ready to go out and enjoy the city's nightlife, but I needed some alone time. As much as we are friends, we also have distinct interests. I'm not a club person like Shanae and Yolanda, and I despise crowded places, so I'm pleased my friends never attempt to compel me to join them. I do occasionally go clubs, but only on rare occasions. 

We all head to our rooms after I bid my friends goodnight. I'm not exhausted when I reach to my room and stand on my room's balcony, which overlooks the ocean. I get a strong need to go near the water, so I leave my room and go there. I see couples having a good time and families having a good time together. When I think of Tyler and I and how our children might have turned out, my heart breaks. I stroll over to the far end of the busiest side of the beach, where there is a large rock. Here it is dark and quiet. I sat on a rock overlooking the sea. I am at ease when I close my eyes and listen to the waves. I think to myself, "Peace." For weeks, I haven't been able to relax. I sit and observe my surroundings for an hour. I don't consider anything; I simply observe. I start to feel drowsy, and as much as I don't want to go to bed, I know I have to. Tomorrow will be a hectic day for me.

......................................................

I hope you are enjoying the story so far. Please don't forget to vote, share and comment❤❤💕