CHAPTER 25

COLIN'S POV

Her eyes didn't show any sign of fear. Impossible. Death is the greatest fear of a mortal. How does she feel so at ease with it? I was arguing with my wolf. We need to figure out why she has no fear of dying. Our attempt to invade without using excessive force will be ineffective if there are more people like her. I got out of bed and walked over to the room where she was staying. I could hear her talking before I even opened the door. She was praying. The fact that she was praying for her friends' and family's welfare rather than for her own salvation astounded me. She asked for them to accept her death and not miss her. he prayed about the mental and physical suffering she was experiencing. In her prayer, she explained everything. How her first boyfriend betrayed her and how, following their wedding, she was willing to give herself over to him. . It angered me to hear her talking about herself with another man like that . I might not want her as a mate but that gives her no rights to feel like that for another man. I was happy she would die pure. She might be a weakling and I might despise her but it pleases my wolf that she would die pure. I opened the door and the stopped praying to look at me. She no longer stares at me with the fear in her eyes that she typically does. She is content with her destiny. For the remainder of your days of life, I'll give you freedom. You are free to move about the realm as you like, but do not try to escape. I went back to my room and went to sleep.

..................

YEARS AGO

You're bleeding once more, mom. When the teen boy told his mother, she made him sit down next to him. Son, I'll be fine, but I need you to make me a promise first. What mother? The young man questioned. On the day you find your mate, make a promise to me that you will honor and respect her. P me that you will never harm her and that you will treat her with the respect she deserves. Promise me that you will not turn out like your father. "I promise, mom" the boy said, As soon as he finished speaking, his father entered the room and headed right for his mother. The boy attempted to stop him, but it was fruitless. The father flung his son against the wall and then proceeded to claw his wife so deeply that she would surely die. The man then exited the room, and the boy went to stand by his mother. "Please don't leave me mum." the boy pleaded. Remember your promise son, she murmured, kissing her son on the cheek before closing her eyes and breathing her last breath.

.............

When Colin awoke from his nightmare, he was sweating profusely. He can't recall the last time he had a dream about his mother. For the first time in more than a century, he felt tears running down his cheeks. He remembered all that he has done to Keisha and he wanted to make things right. he is not his father. He went to take a quick shower before he had to go find Keisha