CHAPTER 14

KEISHA'S POV

Today I awoke feeling rejuvenated. I didn't cry myself to sleep last night for the first time since Tyler cheated on me. I believe I'm beginning to accept what happened and how things turned out. I only hope it won't disappoint my parents. Although I love my parents, there are moments when I feel as though they are placing unreasonable expectations on me. I walk over to the shower, and as I do, I take a good look at myself in the mirror. I don't have red, swollen eyes. I grin at myself as I undress. After I get out of the shower, I put on a black mini dress my Nike Air Jordans and tie my braids into a bun.

I walk downstairs to meet up with my friends. Our stay here is coming to an end today, so once they leave, I'll head to the airport nearby and catch my flight. I'll miss my friends, but I need to see my family, but I'll be back in a few weeks—if I decide to return at all. When I descend the stairs, I see my girls waiting. We hug and leave to eat breakfast. We don't have any crazy plans for today; we're simply going to relax at the beach and enjoy each other's company, and that's exactly how our day turned out. They left once it got dark, and I went to sit on my rock. When I'm here, I feelat peace. I'm glad I came on this vacation since it gave me time to considerwho I am and what is best for me. I went to the room and got to work packing.When I was finished, I spread out on the bed and went to sleep. My alarmbuzzed, and I got ready for the day. I went down to say goodbye as the girlswere departing a little earlier than I was. I hugged my friends as we allsobbed and made each other promises that everything would be okay.

I know I'll miss them terribly, but I also miss my family and I need to be away from this place for a bit. I led the girls to the vehicle, and it didn't really hit me until I saw the car go. I already miss my girls. I went back to my room and put my bags together. My flight will be leaving in 2 hours and I really can't wait to get home.

I pull out my phone, request an Uber, and when I receive a notice that one has arrived, I step outside and hop in. Instead of a reaction when I said hello to the driver, I felt hands on my neck. As soon as I felt them, something pricked my neck, and I could feel myself losing consciousness.