CHAPTER 8

KEISHA'S POV

I got out of bed and headed to the balcony. Although the sun was still up, it was about to set. After walking to the bathroom to take a shower, I walked to the beach. I immediately went to my rock and sat down. I saw how lovely the sky was when I looked up. I pulled out my phone and snapped a photo. I've never seen a sunset quite like this one. I was unwinding while trying to avoid thinking about how my life went from being picture-perfect to being a wreck when I suddenly heard humming. The hymn was so calming that one would have thought an angel had fallen from the skies. The birds even stopped chirping.

I got out of the rock and moved in the direction of the hymn's melody. I continued to follow it until it abruptly ended. 'Why would you come in so deep, are you not terrified of what would happen to you?' I heard a man asking. My response was a clear "no" . The male turned to face me and had an unearthly appearance. He had the most vibrant blue eyes I've ever seen, and flawless blonde hair. His body posture is that of a Greek god, his jaw is so sharp it could cut through skin, and right next to his collarbone, he has a tattoo of two wolves howling to the moon.

This man in front of me is the most handsome man I have ever seen. His voice, deep and seductive, says, "No, you say." "Yes no. Yes, I did say no, I explained to him. What if I killed you right now, he asked. "Go ahead, please". I assured him, "At least then, my heart and soul will finally find peace". He seems surprised by what I told him. I did not give him the opportunity to comment on what I had just said. I questioned, "Why are you here by yourself humming?" " I miss my mate," he said, stroking his tattoo and grinning." I always hum to her, and that makes me feel close to her," he remarked.

My heart breaks once more when I hear him speak of his "mate," who I suppose to be his partner. "Do you love your mate?" I questioned him. He replied with one breath, "Yes, I do." Would you harm her in any way? Would you ever consider cheating on her? I ask while on the edge of tears. "I would never cheat on her or do anything to purposefully harm her. I would die before I even allowed such thoughts to cross my mind, he said, and that was the confirmation I needed. Tyler never loved me. I underestimated how much pain this would cause. I sprinted till I reached my room, where I hid under blankets and sobbed uncontrollably until I fell asleep.

.................

do you guys think Keisha will ever get over Tyler's betrayal??

stick around to find out