CHAPTER 15

Colin's pov

I took a drive to the portal's location with Emilio. It was simple for me to capture this human girl, but I shouldn't be shocked since mortals are frail. I will break my bond with this human one way or the other and when I am done with that kill her and that's if she even makes it. When we arrive at the location, I leave the car in a nearby shed and proceed on foot to the portal. After making sure no one was nearby, I say the phrases I've known since I was a child, and the portal materializes. If my memory serves me well, we will be transported to a forest close to the palace, and from there it will only be a short walk to the palace. I carry our luggage while Emilio handles the girl. I am beyond furious that I was forced to return to Arcadia before completing my task here. But the mortals are only being lucky this time because the next time I return, nothing will be in my way as I take full control over them. We enter the portal and arrive quickly where I anticipated we would. the woods. Every time I went to the mortal world and my parents came back, we always came to this point. 

I quickly push those memories from my mind and walk toward the castle, Emilio following closely behind. It appears that the girl did not pass away because my wolf would have sensed her death. As soon as I arrived at the palace's gates, I set the bags down and entered. When I finally arrived at my office, I immediately called my beta and locked the doors. Why is Rosina not present, Astro? My words boomed around the room as I questioned him. "I believe I made it clear that I should find her here." "I'm sorry, Alpha. He promised that she would arrive before the day was over. He is wise enough to know that arguing with me could land him a week in the pack hospital. I order him to leave, and as soon as he does, Emilio enters. 

"The girl, the alpha. He asks, "Where shall I put her?". "In the dungeon where people of her status are fit to live I told him. But alpha, when she wakes up, she will be horrified. She will be terrified by the rogues that reside in the dungeon's cells. And alpha she is your mate, does that not count for something? he questioned, and even before the word "mate" had left his mouth, my fingers had already made touch with his neck. "That is no mate of mine, Emilio, and if you say those words again, it will be your demise. Now follow my instructions or you'll be joining her, I sternly warned him, and he dropped his head in recognition that I wasn't playing games. He stepped out of my office, and I walked up to the table. I grabbed a bottle of whiskey and began downing it. Not only did I get a mate. I got a useless mortal for a mate. I cannot wait to get rid of her and get back to my plan of taking over the mortal realm.

Keisha's pov

My body was hurting, and as I opened my eyes,blackness greeted me. When I heard growling, memories of what had transpiredsurfaced. Where am I, I cried aloud. In the cell next to mine, I could seesomeone standing. Was I a victim of trafficking? My mind was full withpotential scenarios. The individual in the cell across from you is the onlyperson who can tell you. Excuse me, sir, I said as I drew nearer to the person.When the man turned, I honestly believe that my heart left my body. His faceappeared to have been bloodied and clawed by wild creatures. He had blood-redeyes, and I could have sworn I saw teeth sticking out of his mouth. 

He drewforward and began to sniff. He remarked, "Interesting." "What doyou do? Your kind is not one I've encountered. moreover, what are you doingbelow? His words sounded ominous, and my entire body shivered. I was so afraidas he began to scratch the steel dividing our cells. Before the man couldattack, the man's neck had already been clawed by someone who appeared to be aguard after hearing the disturbance outside the cell. I felt blood on my faceas a result. The man had fangs and red eyes, and the guard had claws. Or am Ireally living on the edge of oblivion? When the tears began to flow, I clutchedmyself and let myself fall asleep.