CHAPTER 31

Keisha's pov

Today was the day when Colin and I faked my death. After our discussion the other night, I came to the conclusion that it would be best if we relocated to Arcadia rather than the mortal realm. Considering that it would mean never seeing my family again, it was a difficult choice to make. My parents would have been burdened if I had simply up and left, so I felt that framing my death would provide some closure for them. The final day I spent with my family was spent making sure they all knew how much I loved them.

............

My casket was covered in sand as I watched my loved ones sob and shatter. My eyes began to well up with tears, and I wished I could go tell them that everything was a lie, but I knew I couldn't. Even though I would miss them all dearly, I had to put myself first for this one time because I've always put other people first. Colin wiped my tears and took my hand as we made our way to the jet that awaited us.

We arrived at the portal after a two-day journey, and I turned around to take in what would be my final sight of the mortal realm. When we arrived in Arcadia, we were greeted by strong witches who cast spells and carried out rituals. After they were done, Colin tried the spell to summon the portal, but nothing happened. I guess this is it.