CHAPTER 18

KEISHA'S POV

I awaken in an unfamiliar room. The room was white and well-lit. I believed I was sleeping on feathers because of how comfortable the bed felt. I got to my feet to inspect the room and, if I do say so myself, this is the grandest room I've ever been in. There was a sizable walk-in closet, and there wasn't many clothing. Surprisingly, every piece of clothing appeared to be my size. As soon as I saw the bathroom, which was also ideal, I ran. When I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I grimaced in disgust at what I saw. I heard the door open abruptly, and memories started to return. I've got to hide. I noticed an elderly woman approach me as I was searching for a spot to hide. Get dressed and take a shower. Breakfast is in 30 minutes, so don't be late or you won't receive anything to eat the woman said with clear disgust on her face.

I had a shower, dressed, and worried where to go when fortunately, the elderly woman returned to the door. You will be eating with us because the alpha does not believe that your species is deserving of a seat at his table. What on even are you? The elderly woman continued in pestering. Why do people always ask what I am around here? What kind of mental hospital are they running?

I was brought back to a room after my meal and instructed to wait for some alpha. I'm still unsure of what that means. The same man who strangled me yesterday enters the room and slams the door shut while I was lost in my own thoughts. I recognize him from the beach now that I can properly see him, but I forgot his name. "You son of a bitch," I said but before I could finish, I felt something sting my cheek and ring in my ear. Tears began to flow because it hurt so much. here you do as I say or you die, he told me. He seemed quite serious, and I tried to avoid making eye contact by looking down. "Submission is usually a good place to start. Soon you won't be an issue anymore." he said and walked out of the room and I collapsed into the bed and started sobbing.