CHAPTER 27

COLIN'S POV

It has been two days since the incident and Keisha is still the same. She has not spoken to anyone. Even Emilio tried to converse with her but was unsuccessful. To help her not feel alone, I also asked Emilio's mate to be with her, but it isn't helping either. I can't believe it took me this long to realize I was becoming more and more like my father. I was allowing cruelty and greed to rule my life, and it is too late to turn around now. I worry my heart will ever return to normal because it has become so hard. Before my father brutally murdered my mother, I yearned to start a family of my own. I wanted at least five children and after my mother passed away, everything changed. I lost any sense of who I was because I became so ruthless, but that was okay with me. I rose to become Arcadia's most formidable and feared alpha. I put an end to the wars, and brutality became my haven.

All it took was a dream to become conscious of who I've become. I have not only continuously mistreated and harmed my partner, but I have also guided her toward tragedy. I've been working really hard the past two days to show her that I've changed, but I don't think I'll ever earn her trust. It hurts me to see my mate in that state and my wolf has been yearning to take control and console her. Her eyes no longer sparkled with life. I might never know how to love again but I know now I want to treat her like a queen that she is. I just hope I am not too late.