CHAPTER 6

COLIN'S POV

It is morning, and my gamma and I must depart. I put him to sleep and carry him and our belongings to the portal. Since its discovery, the royal family has kept the portal a secret. Now that only Rosina and I one who knows where it is, I intend to keep it that way until we are ready to strike the mortal realm. We arrive at the portal, and I sit him down. He was just supposed to sleep for a few minutes, so he should be waking up any minute now. I lean against a wall, waiting for him to awaken.

He finally wakes up after a minute. He inquires, "Are we already at the portal alpha?" "Yes, and when we reach the mortal realm, you must address me by my name." I tell him and carry my baggage as he does the same with his. Emilio and I walk together to a location that emits white rays. I tell him to stay at my side, and he does. I inform him that on the count of three, we will both go forward. I counted one, two, three, and we both stepped forward, allowing ourselves to be drawn through the hole. We were in the mortal world after a few minutes. I'm not sure why the portal isn't visible in this realm. We were in the woods, and I remember the house my father built isn't far from here. Emilio was dizzy, so I carried his belongings for him. I made my way to the house, and when we arrived, I opened the garage door and saw what humans call to as a car. The mortals are still technologically behind, and it irritates me that I shall govern over them, shouldering all the burdens of making this realm livable. Emilio inquired, "What is this hideous thing?" "This is what mortals consider a car, so come on, I don't have all day," I irritatedly informed him.

 I drove for a few hours till we could see other cars and buildings. Emilio's face was unhappy as I made a right turn to rejoin the main route. "How come their structures are like this?" He commented, "They look like a location where servants would dwell." I'm curious about his expectations for the mortal realm. I keep driving till we get at the resort where we will be staying. They helped us with our things when we exited, and I went to the front desk to check in. We had reserved the finest suite available, and we arrived at the suite. We arrived, unpacked our belongings, and began to work. We don't have time to waste. The sooner we finish here, the sooner I can take control of this realm and have humans kissing the ground I walk on, and have them just where they belong at the bottom of the food chain.