CHAPTER 23

KEISHA'S POV

Colin This is not a wise decision. She is not in a position to participate in the ceremony the elderly woman explained to the devil. So Colin is his name. Now I remember him telling me. I don't care, he told the elderly woman. This ceremony will be performed by you right now. The consequences, he added, do not concern me. Colin, the old woman, remarked that I might pass away before the ritual is completed. However, he strangled her against the wall before she could finish her sentence. You will refer to me as your alpha and follow my instruction he told her. If she passes away before the ritual is complete, my wolf will grieve her, but I'm not delaying this ritual any longer, he told the elderly woman. The elderly woman bowed her head as he walked away from her, and she dropped to the ground with a thud. The other guy added, "Alpha, if your wolf must grieve her as your mate, then you might become weaker and your enemies will not miss the chance to challenge you for your tittle." If you don't want me to permanently banish you, Astro, don't question me, Colin said. The person whose name I now know as Astro bent and cocked his head so that his neck was exposed. I am thinking this is how they show submission. I wasn't naive; I knew that I would die and that there was no way to stop it, so I quietly prayed.

The witch approached Keisha, applied ointment to her, and began chanting in an unknown language. When Keisha closed her eyes to await death, nothing appeared to happen. When the elderly woman stopped chanting, she opened her eyes, and when she turned to face her, she noticed horror in her eyes.

What is going on? When Colin inquired, the woman began to shake her head. The spell is not working alpha I do not understand, it is supposed to work she said.

"Make it work then, dammit" Colin shouted. She tried once more, but nothing changed. I should have anticipated your lack of value. Colin remarked as he approached the elderly woman. Keisha vividly recalled this expression as his claws began to form and his eyes once more went red. The woman's head and body fell in two distinct positions as soon as Colin's claws made contact with her neck. I shall grieve her as my mate if I am unable to reject her. Colin said as he left the room and commanded Astro to tidy up the mess.