CHAPTER 16

COLINS POV

Rosina had finally arrived, allowing me to finish the ceremony of severing the mate bond. "Good morning, your majesty. I've already received information from your beta about why I'm here, and I must admit that I have no idea what's going on. She remarked, cutting right to the chase because she knew that wasting my time would spell her doom. "Nowhere in history have mortals and magical beings ever mated. I became irritated when she had finished speaking. I smacked the glass of whisky away from the table, breaking it and making a ruckus. You must discover a means to sever this mating bond, or else I will destroy you, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that, would you? She murmured, hardly gasping, "Yes, master," as I choked her. I moved away from her neck and headed towards the door. Find a solution. And find it quickly, I remarked as I left the room.

..........................

After a week, Rosina believes she may have discovered the answer. There is no room for error, and I sure hope that whatever solution she came up with is successful. One of my guards was dispatched to get the mortal girl.

Keisha's pov

I feel like I have been here for weeks. I've only had four meals so far, and I was starving. At this point, I sincerely wish I was dead. In addition to being refused food, what I heard and saw led me to believe that I was going crazy. Why does everything in my life seem to go wrong. I'm beginning to think that this is how I'm going to die now. I heard the cells open just as I was ready to close my eyes, and a large, muscular man dragged me up by my hair. Even though the man appeared to be human, there was something strange about him as he continued to pull me up the steps. Everyone in this place seemed to have some sort of mutation. Oh my God, that's all there is. I'm about to become the subject of a cruel scientist's experiment. I've seen this in so many movies, and now it's actually happening. Maybe it's for the best. I might be able to forget about my broken heart.