CHAPTER 29

Colin's POV

I suppose that's it. Keisha asked for something last night that I had hoped she wouldn't. She has at last realized that I am a monster and not worthy of love. I'm not sure what I was anticipating. Why would I ever hope that she would love me if I wasn't capable of loving her back? I suppose it's for the best now. I was too selfish to follow Astro's advice to get a witch to erase her memory of Arcadia. I wanted her to remember me and remember that she has a mate. I made my way to her room and she stood by the door. I asked her where her bags are and she told me there is nothing worth taking and that hurt me. I don't know why I have been feeling like this lately. I was still the same man. I had not changed even a bit. I was still cruel to everyone else but I couldn't find it in me to be the same with her. I have talked so much in the last month that I have in the last 100 years just because of her.

We walked till we reached the portal and we got transported to the mortal realm. In the mortal realm I drove her to the airport and we booked her the first flight back to south Africa and the flight was in six hours. We went to a mall nearby and went to get food. We also walked abound holding hands and she looked so much happier being here. I laughed with her for the first time in a hundred years and before we knew it was time for us to go to the airport. We got there and said our goodbyes. I hugged her and she hugged me back and we kissed. My first kiss with her was more than I expected. After our kiss she looked at me with teary eyes and told me she cant do this with me. I was confused until I heard her say the words I never thought I would hear her say.

"I Keisha woods reject you Colin Andino as my mate" she said. I felt the break in our bond and my wolf howled. The mate bond didn't break completely which means she didn't entirely mean it which made me a bit better. 'And I Colin Andino love you Keisha Woods' I said. I took her hand in mine and gave the microchip necklace that I had made for fer. I put it in her hand and said to her, 'if you ever need me just press the button on this necklace and I will find you wherever you are. You might have rejected me as your mate but I promised you my protection' then I left to go back to Arcadia with no intentions to take over the mortal realm