𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚝

𓃠

Imogen Halstead (age 17)
Word count: 2376
Credit for idea: @AdrijaSen0

Imogen's POV

"Jay..." I hum as I slide into the kitchen.  He looks up at me with an eyebrow raise, so far so good, "can I go to a party tonight?" I smile innocently.  I don't really want to go to the party, but I'm worried about my friend... He chuckles and shakes his head, going back to his laptop, "of course not" he confirms my suspected answer. I sigh, playing along, "please? I'm seventeen jay..." I fold my arms.  He looks up at me without lifting his head, "well I'm glad you're aware of  how old you are, but my answer's still no" he replies bluntly. 

            I sigh as my other brother wanders into the room too, "what's going on?" He notices my fake glumness. Jay sips on his coffee, feeling rather amused with himself, and I'm sure it would piss me off if I actually wanted to go to this party. Will eyes us both for a second, "whatever you asked, I agree with jays answer" he raises his hands in defence. I groan and turn around to stomp out of the kitchen, genuinely feeling frustrated with their answers. Because now... I'm going to have to sneak out.

Jays POV

           "What was that about?" Will finally answers once we hear Imogen's bedroom door slam shut, although she didn't slam it very hard, she never does.  I shake my head and cradle my mug, "she wants to go to a party" I sigh.  My brother raises an eyebrow, "Imogen? And a party?" He enquires curiously.  I nod with the exact same expression, "that's a first. Where'd that come from?" He continues making his coffee since he's already changed for work.

"I have no idea" I sigh, "but I obviously said no, hence the dramatic exit" I signal to the door. Will nods, "maybe we should loosen up a little, I mean, she is seventeen now..." he sighs heavily. I shake my head, "not a chance. I see what goes down at these parties, I'm not letting our sister end up as one of those victims" I admit, confronting my own fears more than anything else.  Will sighs but nods, he knows I'm not going to change my mind, ever.

Imogen's POV

           "Immy! I'm going to work! There's led over casserole in the oven! I'll be back before bedtime!" I hear jay yell from the bottom of the stairs.  I sigh, running a hand over my face, "okay! Bye! Love you!" I yell back.  I hear him return the phrase before the door closes behind him.  Once I hear his truck pulling out of the drive I bolt up.  Oh no...

           I am crapping my pants right now.  I've seen how crazy my brother can get when he's mad, and boy am I scared.  I don't want to sneak out, I don't even want to go to this damn party, but my friend is out of her mind and I need to know she's okay...

            I make sure to wear something that'll make me fit in, but still modest since I really don't want any attention from drunk men tonight, or ever... With that being said, I make my way downstairs in my mid thigh length black dress and hoodie, hoisting it down my legs with every step.  I don't go out much, so I don't have fancy clothes...

           After a quick ten minute walk to the location, I hesitantly walk through the door, texting Lola that I have arrived.  Jay, Will... please forgive me.

            "Yay! You made it..." Lola yanks me inside the kitchen, shoving a drink in my hand.  I shake my head and put the red cup down on the island, "I'm only here to make sure you're safe, I'm worried about you Lola. This drug business isn't... you" I push her chest slightly.  She chuckles and flips her hand, "relax... the deals already done, I'm just waiting on the product" she slurs, clinging onto my neck. I shake my head at her attitude, she's going to get herself killed one of these days...