𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝

𖠌

Imogen Halstead (age 15)
Word count: 2984

Jays POV

I'm currently stood with Will, Kevin and hailey watching Imogen and Kevin's younger sister on their horses. Imogen's had this horse since she was 6, and she's been show riding it for five years years now. I mean, I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive of allowing her to do more than just maintain and ride the horse, but she loves this so much. I couldn't say no...

Wills POV

My heart is currently in my mouth right now, Imogen is jumping over bars and bush things, I don't know what they're called, but all I know is that she terrifies me with this sport. Initially, when she asked about starting show jumping, I laughed. I thought it was far too dangerous, but after a lot of persuasion from both of my siblings, I caved in. She's the happiest when she's on arlo, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Imogen's POV

I love Arlo. He's my life. I've had him for nine years, so he's pretty big now. But I don't know what I'd do without this sport. Arlo is a black stallion, and he's pretty big compared to me. But he's my baby, and I wouldn't change him for the world.

           His strength is jumping, his height is impeccable and so far he's won us both many competitions

His strength is jumping, his height is impeccable and so far he's won us both many competitions. I know my brothers aren't really too keen on this, but they're supportive so that's all that I care about. The second I found out Vanessa, Kevin's little sister, had a horse too... we became best friends.

Every weekend we ride together, but since our horses are kept in different stables, we don't see each other through the week when we groom our babies. But every weekend we cherish the time we have together.  So we're currently doing drills together right now.  I'm obviously riding arlo and she's riding poppy, both of our brothers plus hailey are stood on the other side of the fence. 

           After I do my jump I let arlo walk it off, before guiding him over to my brothers.  I make him half before the gate as jay reaches his hand out to stroke him.  I smile and catch my breath back as my instructor focuses on Vanessa's jump.  Will keeps his hands to himself, he isn't too fond of his size, but Hailey and Kevin join in the pampering.

             Arlo is much taller than everyone, so he towers over my brothers, meaning I do too, and I love being taller than them.

I look over to my right and notice the other stallions being rounded up into their trailers. I'm not really sure what happens next, whether another horse spooks arlo, or whether arlo didn't like the attention he was receiving (although he always does). But I feel arlo starting to back up, before he turns us around rapidly. I tug on the reins slightly and tilt his head in bids to control him, but he starts to neigh in distress, and that's when I see the loose horse running around the field behind us. Arlo got spooked...