𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢

¥

Imogen Halstead (age 17)
Word count: 3603
Tw: kidnapping etc.
set in season 2/3

Jays POV

        "Morning" I stroll into the bullpen, staring at the usual glum faces. Alvin looks up at me, "you didn't bring coffee?" He sighs. I look around, "no one told me to" I shrug, confused at his bored tone. Voight walks in almost instantly, snapping us all out of this soppy mood.  Pinning a picture of a young boy onto the board, Voight bores us with the essential briefing before enticing us with the new case, explaining the next step as if our lives depend on it... because they do.

~

       It isn't until around 6:45pm until we finally catch a break, and now I'm starting to think that morning coffee would've been a great idea... With the case now closed and a young boy safe and sound, we can finally relax. Antonio approaches me and Erin as we engage in our usual conversation, "Eva told me about a party tonight, she mentioned that she overheard Imogen say she was going. Just thought you should know" he nudges my shoulder. I nod thankfully, "thanks man" I smile weakly, although I can already feel the worry in my stomach.

Erin looks at me with skeptical eyes, "she's 17 Jay, you did things like this at that age" she smiles weakly. I shrug, "things were different when we were that age, things weren't as dangerous, people weren't as malicious. Imogen's a pretty girl, people'll eventually take advantage of that" I look down. Erin sighs, "I'm sure your dad will handle it" she squeezes my shoulder. I scoff a laugh, "I'd like to see him try" we both stand up and head into the break room.

~

Pat's POV

Walking into my daughters room, I can hear music playing and some rummaging around, "what's going on in here?" I poke my head into the mess of her room. She looks up through the mirror, "I'm going to a party" she announces, leaving no room for me to even consider it. I shake my head, "no you're not" I frown. She sighs, "c'mon dad, all my friends are going, I'm gonna' be the only person in my class not going. Please..." she begs. I look down, "fine, just don't wake me up when you come home" I sigh, realising that it's far easier to agree than to argue. Imogen gained will's stubbornness and jay's sarcasm, so I stand no chance in a debate with her.

~

Imogen's POV

        As I'm walking along the sidewalk, I see my friends come into view in the near distance, "hey!" I call out so they know I'm here.  Gabby turns around with a wide smile, "I thought your dad would say no" she shrugs, continuing to walk next to me as the boys lead the way.  I smile slyly, "I begged him, looks like the puppy dog eyes still work on him" I chuckle lightly.  The group around me look great, we're all dressed up to go to the party and I couldn't be happier, I just wonder what my brothers would think of this...

        Almost as if they could read my mind, my phone buzzes in my bag.
Jay: "dad just told me he's letting you go to a party, please be careful and never go anywhere by yourself. Love you idiot"

       Snorting at the message, gabby looks down at my phone, "didn't take long" she smiles at me.  I nod, quickly replying back to him.
Imogen: "I knowwwwww, love you too"