𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜

Imogen Hermann (15)
For @lilyliv123
Word count: 2088
*something a little different because Hermann is a gem*

Hermann's POV

"Lee Henry! C'mon!" I yell from the bottom of the stairs, urging the slowest child to hurry up and get downstairs. We're already late for the school run. I fold my arms as my oldest child sluggishly creeps past me, "be quicker next time" I lightly tap him around the back of the head. Making my way out to our minivan, I jump into the drivers seat and buckle up, quickly doing a head count... 1, 3, 4, 6... we're good to go!

After a short drive around the city, dropping off each child, I finally arrive at my final stop. Lee Henry, Imogen and Luke. They're in high school now, which is scary, it feels like they grew up in a blink of an eye. Lee Henry is in his final year of school, in fact, I think he's currently applying for colleges. Luke is a year below him, but he's more of a sportsman. Imogen's in ninth grade, and I'm sure she wants to follow in my footsteps when she's old enough!

"Have a good day!" I smile at them all, watching them miserably jump out of the van. Imogen is the last to get out of the car, but as she turns around to wave me goodbye her face catches my eye. I snap my fingers to gain her attention, "you feeling okay? You're looking a little washed out, immy" I frown weakly. She shrugs, "I'm fine" she shakes it off, and I believe her. I nod weakly and watch as she runs up the path to meet up with her friends, and that's all the proof I need to know that my kids are okay.

Imogen's POV

        "Ugh, she's so annoying" my friend nudges my arm as I yawn.  I nod, mid-yawn, and she pulls a face at me, "you look like shit" she shrugs.  I scoff, "wow, thanks" I smile weakly.  She raises her hands in defence, "I'm just tired, don't know why" I lean back in my chair, "but I agree, she's getting more annoying by the day" I engage in the gossip.  I'm tired, but I feel perfectly fine.

~

At the end of the day my mom rolls up against the sidewalk with a car full of giddy kids, "hey mom" I smile as I take the front seat. She smiles, "hi honey, did you have a good day?" She pinches my chin. I nod, "yeah, I got an A in my algebra test" I smile happily. She nods, "well done" she begins driving with a smile on her face.

When we get home the first thing I do is look for our dad, I need to tell him that I got an A on the maths test he helped me study for. He stands idly in the kitchen preparing dinner, "dad guess what?" I drop my bag on the counter and pull out a piece of paper. He smiles, "what?" He turns to face me. I squeal, "I got an A! Which means I'm now at the top of the class" I almost jump. I struggle with maths, so this was a big shock for me. He nudges my arms "atta' girl, see I told you we could do it" he smiles.

His face soon drops as he studies my face, "you're still looking a little pale, you sure you're feeling okay?" He frowns, grabbing my moms attention. My mom interrupts, "look at me" she instructs. I sigh, "your dads right, honey. Do you have a fever at all?" she feels my forehead. I shake my head, "I'm fine, I just a little tired that's all" I raise an eyebrow. My mom nods, "well you're not burning up so that's a good sign. Go do your homework then take a nap" she points to the stairs. I smile, "okay" I don't turn down a nap...

~

*two weeks later*

Hermann's POV