𝚜𝚞𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜

❣︎

Imogen Halstead (age 17)
Word count: 731
Requested: @AndreaD603

Kevin's POV

           "Morning" I stroll into the bullpen again holding my own coffee this time, everyone else can find their own. Kim raises her eyebrows, "nice to see you care about the rest of us" she holds out her hand for my coffee, "find your own, girl" I shake my head. She chuckles as she throws me the case file, "Halsteads unusually late" I notice. Hailey sighs, "is he usually early or something?" She enquires. I raise my eyebrows but soon knock it off when I remember haileys only been here a week. Adam nods, "oh yeah, he'd work all day and night if he could" he chuckles.

           We all shut up when we see him running up the stairs, "you're late" Voight emerges.  Jay nods, "sorry, got caught in traffic" he shakes it off hank sighs, "hurry up and get looped in" he waves him off.  Jay turns to face his partner, "what've we got?" He enquires.  I shoot Kim a suspicious glare, something is going on with that man...

~

Haileys POV

"Where's Halstead?" Hank approaches my desk. I look up, "he had to take a phone call" I shrug. Hank sighs, "go and find him, we're busting Chavez now" he rubs his forehead angrily. I nod and stand up, "jay?" I quickly poke my head around the locker room door. I spot jay sat on a bench, "just try hang for now, okay? I can't get out of work today, baby..." I hear him hang up. He turns around, "uh, Voight wants us downstairs. We're moving out" I announce. He nods and grabs his jacket before joining the rest of us downstairs. Something is going on with that man...

~

Adams POV

            "Jay? You good man?" I nudge jays hands, watching as he nearly face plants the desk.  He nods, "yeah, why?" He brushed it off.  I scoff a laugh, "well for starters you were late, which is unlike you, you d been distracted all day, and you missed a shot earlier. Something isn't right" I shrug.  Jay squeezes my shoulder, "just a bad day, that's all" he nods.  I sigh and watch as he walks away.  Something is going on with that man...

~

Imogen's POV

"Can you get the door for me, immy?" I hear my dad yell from the kitchen. We live in a two bedroom apartment and I wouldn't change it for the world, "sure!" I slide past the kitchen and stop at the door. I look through the peephole before frowning, "hello?" I open the door, instantly to be greeted with four cops. I freeze, "uh, can I help you?" I enquire. A blonde haired woman smiles, "is jay Halstead home?" She nods. I tilt my head, "dad! They're here for you!" I call out before turning around to see their shocked faces. What on earth is going on?!

"Coming!" He calls back. When he emerges from the kitchen and sees who's at the door he sighs, "what's going on, man? You have a kid?" Kevin shakes his head. My dad places his hands on my shoulder, "go wait in the kitchen, kiddo" he nods. I frown but nod in return and do as he wished. I stand by the wall to hear what he has to say, has he never told them I exist? "Give me half an hour, and I'll meet you all at mollys. Please" he sighs. The door shuts and I rush to move away from the door.

"What was that about?" I immediately ask. He sighs and sits down next to me, "you know how dangerous my job is, Imogen. Antonio's son was kidnapped because of this job. I never told them about you, because if they don't know, then you aren't in danger. I've been doing what I tonight was right, I just wanted to keep you safe" he reaches for my hand. I look down, "I get it, I really do, I'm just shocked?" I shrug. My dad smiles sadly, "you should be, and I should've told you a lot sooner. I'm sorry kiddo. I love you so much" he shakes his head at himself. I nod, "I love you too" I smile sadly, "can't I meet them?" I add. He smiles and sighs before standing up, "sure, let's go" he nods.  I didn't expect this for a Friday evening...