𝚒 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚒𝚝...

Imogen Marcel (age 15)
Word count: 808
TW: blood.

Imogen's POV

         "I like this one..." I pick out a nice pink skirt.  I turn around to show my friends and they shrug, "it's too bright for me, but it's perfect for your skin tone" gabby smiles.  I place it in my other hand and nod, realising that she might be right.  It's a Saturday morning and the suns shining through the boutique window.  All four of us decided to come down here and buy some summer clothes, considering the sun is now making an appearance.  The traffics fairly busy outside, so we decided to take the bus here instead, it was much faster too.

         We spend roughly half an hour browsing the store when we find ourselves stood in the window looking at accessories.  Gabby snorts and holds up a pair of alien sunglasses, "I think your brother would appreciate you spending your money on these" she smirks.  I raise an eyebrow, "appreciate? More like kill me..." I snort.  Tilly also chuckles as she throws a pair of blue earrings into her basket. 

       What seemed like an enjoyable moment soon turned into something from a horror film.  We look up when we hear the loud screeching of tires on the road, but when we do... a pickup truck comes hurling into the shop window.  I try my best to hop out of the way whilst trying to drag my friends with me.  The sound of screaming and shouting fills my ears as I open my eyes to see a horrible scene in front of me.

         Two of my friends are trapped underneath the car and gabby is on the other side of the store.  I look down to see I'm untouched so I jump up, feeling no pain, and rush over to gabby first.  I can't help the other girls until I find a cell phone, but from the look of the audience outside of the store, I think someone's already called the fire department...

         "It's okay... go find Tilly and Becky, it's just my ankle..." gabby sniffles, clearly scared and hurt.  I nod, checking that she's okay, before I rush over to the other two.  I crouch down, "can you hear me?" I call out.  I hear some grumbles and moans, but I don't actually get a response.  As for the driver... I think he's long gone...

~

Crockett's POV

         "Crockett, we've got incoming. Multiple victims, truck plowed through a store window. You're going to treatment 4" Maggie announces as I look up at the sound of the pager going off. I see the technicians rolling in two victims, both look no older than 15, and my heart skips a beat. It's Imogen's best friends...

I look up to see Imogen walking in behind them with tears rolling down her face, I rush over to her, "are you hurt?" I kneel down. She shakes her head, "no, but they are..." she wipes her tears away. I frown, "are you sure you're not hurt? Come here... you look pale" I take her jacket off. Her face is ghostly, and I know she must've witnessed something horrible, but this is a look I've seen before on previous patients... patients who are longer here anymore.

As I move her shirt up I see blood everywhere, "Imogen you're hurt..." I tell her, causing her to look down and her eyes widen greatly. She shakes her head, "I didn't feel it..." she tells me as I see the huge chunk of glass sticking out of her side.  She looks away, "I'm cold" she complains.  I look up to see dr archer rushing over to us, "Baghdad!" Maggie shouts, and before I know it... my sister is taken away.

~

        It's been three hours... three hours.  I was taken off duty after I saw my sister in such a state.  In fact... I've been here that long, my shift ended an hour ago anyways.  I'm so exhausted, but I need to know that Imogen's okay...

       "Crockett" dr archer announces as he walks over to me, taking his surgical gown off.  His face is solid, "I'm sorry, she lost too much, we did everything we could..." he tells me. 

       "Crockett" dr archer announces as he walks over to me, taking his surgical gown off. His face is solid, "I'm sorry, she lost too much blood, we had to perform vascular reconstruction, hence the extra time..." he sighs. My face contorts into worry, "but, she's okay? Right?" He shrug. He nods, "oh she's gonna be just fine, but she will be in hospital for a few days, just to be safe" he smiles. I run a hand down my face, "thank you" I whisper. Thank you...

I walk down to the hallway until I find myself standing outside of the recovery suite, and I finally take a deep breath in... I think I'll keep her indoors for a while.

*just a short one heh*