Episode 0 - it started when...

You may know the story of ben Tennyson and how his adventures started when an alien device did what it did but in case you don't here's the recap. If you already know the events that took place over his summer vacation and first year in Bellwood, then feel free to continue on to the final few paragraphs.

Ben started his adventures when 10 years old, finding the omnitrix (a device that could turn the user into 10 different aliens, and more). While at first, he used it to goof around, he quickly found himself becoming attached to the idea of being a hero. With a playlist of 10) he started to help people out and use his aliens for his own interests. Those 10 aliens where:

Heatblast, a pyronite who's flaming body allows him to shoot out fireballs as well as manipulate fire. fourarms, a tetramand who's four strong arms make him the strongest of the first 10 and the best fighter. Cannonbolt, a Arburian Pelarota who's thick skin allows him to curl into a ball and reflect lasers. XLR8, a Kineceleran who's wheels on his feet let him XLR8 at high speeds. Diamondhead, a Petrosapien who's crystal skin lets him tank any damage, as well as form structures with his crystals as well as being able to shoot them off. greymatter, a Galvan whose small size and big brain makes him better for puzzle solving rather than combat. Wildvine, a Floraunan who's plant like body lets him stretch his limbs as well be able to control plants. overflow, a Cascan who's thick exoskeleton lets him tank any hit as well as being able to manipulate the water in his body into different weapons. Stinkfly, a Lepidopterran who's humanoid insect body lets him fly as well as shoot out goo that stinks. And finally, upgrade a galvanic mechamorph who can merge with technology, upgrading it and controlling it,

However, after a while he finds himself with a new alien, a squid-based alien that he found himself calling gax. After only a few minutes as gax, he found himself becoming addicted to using gax, blowing up a volcano in the process. Another incident occurred when instead of timing out and becoming human he started switching from alien to alien. What ben didn't know was that the omnitrix wasn't designed to have 11 active aliens, so it was malfunctioning, and somebody was following its signal. Not wanting to take any chances with the omnitrix, the trio of Tennyson's go and get max's old friend Phil and upon seeing the omnitrix, he could tell that something was off, and he promised to help. However first they had to deal with some bounty hunters. Inspecting the omnitrix he placed a device on it to track his forms, although ben was furious in their lack of belief in him and his aliens. As he stomped off, he started to mess around with gax, changing into him and staying as gax for longer, until he tries to burn some trees away, almost starting a second forest fire when out of nowhere a pod crash down. And out of it, an old and withered gax steps out. He teaches ben how to use his laser eyes and when ben was least expecting it the squid alien grabbed a hold of the omnitrix and he ripped the gax DNA out of ben, the squid alien showing off his true form, being that of vilgax. With the help of the bounty hunters, ben tries to fight him off. Failing to do so as gax buries ben under a pile of rocks. As the others pulled him out of the rocks, Phil explains to ben that while he does have DNA for 10 aliens, he was missing the DNA for ben Tennyson. Ben struggles to do anything as he keeps on switching between aliens, changing faster and faster as the others try to figure out what's going on. Eventually Phil figures out that vilgax was the cause of the problem and that for ben to return to normal he had to defeat vilgax and vilgax makes himself known by destroying the volcano that ben had tried so desperately to stop. As ben tries to make it onto the spaceship, he finds himself constantly cycling through aliens and just barely making it onto his ship. Ben tries to fight vilgax but vilgax finds that ben is incredibly ineffective. Gwen jumps onto the ship to try and give ben some backup but ben says his goodbye to her, and he throws her out of the ship, giving himself up to vilgax who fixes the omnitrix before starting to ascend his ship. However, as vilgax mocks ben's alien's ben realizes that there was an alien that vilgax hadn't seen. Upgrade. Changing into upgrade he stops the ship from going and vilgax comments that if he's going down, that bens going down with him. However, ben decides to merge with the watch, rebooting it and giving him temporary access to the master control. And he's able to defeat vilgax. Loosing upgrade for a long time in the process. he returns home and goes back to living his life as normal.