Episode 38 - undercover

Our episode starts with the alien force, inside the warehouse working on the teleporter pod.

Lucy: how are things going?

Noah: brainstorm has taken over, again.

Ben: you're simply to small minded to understand how this alien tech works.

Gwen: is that any way to talk to your friends?

Ben: she does it all the time.

Charmcaster: I hate when brainstorm makes an argument that works.

Ben: all we need to do is provide it with enough power to get it moving, Gwen, Charmcaster, do you mind charging it up with mana?

Gwen: are you sure this is going to work? Mana doesn't work well with technology.

Ben: this is brainstorm talking. Now go and blast it with mana.

Glitch: I do not believe this is a good idea.

Noah: yeah, I've been studying this thing for a while, it can't take that much energy.

Ben: nonsense. I know what I'm talking about.

He scuttled over to the controls and as Gwen and Charmcaster started blasting it with mana, it activated and brainstorm's upside-down mouth became a smirk as he looked over at Noah, as glitch covered him to protect him.

Gwen: uh, guys. Something's going very wrong here.

Ben looked over to see that the teleporter was sparking, and he immediately knew what it means. He changed into swampfire, and he threw the teleporter out of the warehouse, holding the door shut with some of his vines as Gwen was able to create a shield to protect herself and lucy while Charmcaster did the same and glitch was protecting Noah. As it exploded, they found that the teleporter pod was mostly intact, but broken beyond Noah's understanding. Ben returned to normal, and he started to apologize to Noah.

Noah: I don't think I can repair this.

Lucy: why did you even try fixing it to begin with?

Noah: if we're going to be dealing with alien tech, I thought that I'd try and learn some of it.

Charmcaster: well, there goes' your experiment.

Noah: not really, I know a guy. He's been helping me understand how this thing works. He's a wiz with tech.

Ben: what's his name?

Noah: cooper, he lives in town.

Gwen: who doesn't at this point?

Glitch: would you like me to drive you there?

Noah: come on then.

As they arrive at cooper's house, Noah gave them some clarifications.

Noah: glitch might be the only way we can get him out of his lab, so he should stay up here as the rust buggy.

Charmcaster: I'll stay here with him.

Glitch: you care about me?

Charmcaster: I've met his type before; it's going to be a mess down there.

Noah: she's not wrong.

As they knock on the window, they find that nobody was home.

Gwen: are his parent's not here?

Noah: they work nights.

Ben: well, the door isn't locked.

Noah: after you then.