episode 23 - a wayward hero

Onyx: if this doesn't work, then I swear to Celest, I will destroy something.

Onyx looked at Evo and she looked at the omni-select that was in her hoodie's pocket. She tried activating Eve and she found that Eve finally powered up, but when she did one eye was glowing grey and the other was glowing green.

Onyx: get out of her.

Eve laughed as her voice was masculine which threw Caesar off.

Eve: I'm never leaving Eve. She's far too powerful of a host for me to just leave. If I was going to leave her, then I would've by now.

Onyx: then I'll have to rip you out of her, 1 by 1. 0 by 0.

Eve: we both know you can't just rip me apart. I have become part of her code.

Onyx sighed and she shut Eve off.

Caesar: what was that about?

Onyx: that was eternal. The thing I have been trying to extract from her, but he's right. He's become part of her code.

Caesar: you said she was your only way home. Why is that?

Onyx: out of our 5-man band she's the powerhouse, the strongest and the most reliable in combat. Sure, I'm good but I'm not always around, plus I'm the "smart guy" of the group.

Caesar: if my memory serves me right the other three roles where heart, leader and lancer.

Onyx: didn't take you for a trop guy.

Caesar: I'm not interested in literature or the tropes of it, but my mother loved them. She used to teach us about them for my and rex's English lessons. Her favorite genera were science fantasy since she wanted to make it science reality.

Onyx: the amount of sci-fi nonsense I've had to deal with, she'd probably be proud. But at least we share dead parents, right?

Caesar: I guess, if you want to try and think of it like that.

Onyx: yeah, but my dad tried to kill me so there's that difference.

However, as she tried to play it off she got a message from white knight.

Onyx: how did you get my number?

White: six gave it to me. You said that one of your friends had giant bat wings, correct?

Onyx: did you find her?

White: when everybody was done from that Evo virus, one of rex's Evo friends found her in Hong Kong. We thought she was an Evo, but all results have come back negative. She doesn't have any active nanites.

Onyx: her powers come from a chip in her spine. She just got control of weather her wings can be out or not.

White: well, I need you to go and investigate and make sure it is who you say it is.

Onyx: can I bring her back here?

White: no.

Onyx: fine.

She turned around.

Onyx: don't turn her back on.

Caesar ignored her as he continued to look Eve over, and onyx just ran into a ship, and she managed to figure out how to fly it in just a few moments. As she flew over to Hong Kong, she started to get excited, more then she had the entire time she was in this universe, and as she touched down in the providence base, she found the Hong Kong gang.

Onyx: you must be those Evo friends of rex.

Skwydd: what gave it away, us being Evos or us being at providence and not being locked up.