Route 1~ Velvet

I gazed out the limo window speeding down the streets, the passerbys a mere blur. It was almost peaceful. Until Velvet suddenly hopped on my lap with a fit of giggles. My face immediately flushed with embarrassment, but it seemed like Velvet just enjoyed being near me. She whipped out her phone, however, and snapped a selfie, my blushing face right in the shot.

"Perfect," Velvet sighed with a smile. Val snapped, "Vel, what in Satan's name are you doing? Get off y/n before I turn you inside out." Velvet glowered at Valentino before begrudgingly sliding off of my lap. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding as Velvet started to play with my hair, humming softly. As I glanced out of the corner of my eye, I saw her just simply enjoying herself. She even looked kinda... cute. But the thought was quickly erased from my brain as the limo came to a sudden stop.

"We're here!" Velvet squealed with delight. She grinned, showing off her razor-sharp teeth, perfectly whitened. I peered out the window to see a store with flashing lights that read 'Cunt Clothing'. Before I could comment or even make a face Velvet had my wrist in her hand. As soon as the door opened she dashed out, dragging me onto the curb.

"Vel, could you-" I started to say before I was so rudely interrupted. Vox hissed through gritted teeth. "Here again? Velvet's gonna waste all of our money Val!" Velvet once again burst into giggles. Val put one of his arms around Vox's shoulder and cooed, "Come on now Voxy, Vel and I love the place. And remember, you're under my contract sweetheart." Vox's expression changed ever so slightly before he shrugged Val's arm off and muttered curses.

A contract? For what?

"Velvet, could you please not pull me so hard next time?" I asked Vel, coughing from debris on the sidewalk. Velvet immediately gasped and hurried to pull me up. She looked up at me with shining eyes and a sad frown. "I'm sorry y/n. I just get so carried away," she apologized. She then turned back to the store and her saddened face was gone. She clasped her hands together and squeaked, "Don't worry y/n, this place sells the BEST clothing around. I just can't wait to dress you up, you'll look so lovely! Not that you're not already gorgeous." She batted her eyes up at me and I rolled my eyes with a flushed smile. 

Val smiled, showing his gold tooth, and said, "We'll be inside if you two are going to waste away on the sidewalk." Velvet gasped as if truly offended and took my hand- much gentler this time- and challenged, "We'll be in first!" I started to chuckle before Velvet pulled my hand, weaving between watching demons to get inside the doors. Val and Vox arrived nearly a second later, laughing at Velvet. I frowned, seeing her annoyed look. 

She simply huffed and turned her head away. I patted her shoulder and said reassuringly, "Don't let them get to you Vel. It's just what they want."

She looked at me with a raised brow and snapped, "I've been in Hell long enough, newbie. I know how to deal with their shit." I blinked at her. Clearly, she could take care of herself. My thoughts were interrupted as the clerk burst into laughter. 

"Oh, Satan, I've never seen Velvet, the mightiest overlord of them all, look so embarrassed. Oh, I would give anything to see what Lucifer would think of this," he hissed, his voice harsh and laced with poison. Velvet narrowed her eyes at the clerk as Val countered, "Vel is not the mightiest. I am. So think twice before you mess with my friends or you might just get a lovely little bullet through your thick skull."

Velvet pushed past Val and growled at the clerk, "Val may be giving you a second chance, but luckily for you, I won't." Then in the blink of an eye, Velvet lunged for the demon, claws sinking into his chest and her teeth tearing at his face and neck. Blood splattered everywhere and his screams were the only sounds that could be heard besides Val's chuckles and my pounding heart. Eventually, the demon died and Velvet rose, completely covered in blood and organs, her teeth blood red as well as her dress.

Then, with an innocent giggle, she chirped, "Oops! Looks like I'll have to get a new outfit along with y/n! And with him gone, let's go shoplifting everybody!" I smiled at Velvet and leaned down, trying to wipe some of the blood off her face. She looked at me through her lashes and said softly, "Don't tell me you're trying to get closer to me. Because if that's so, believe me, we can." My face felt hot as I stumbled over my words. "I-I... what do you mean by that?"

Without warning, Velvet booped my nose with a mischievous grin and started to laugh. "I think we both know, y/n," she said. She then took a step back and grinned, "Now let's dress you up darling!" Her giggles must have been contagious because suddenly I was laughing at nothing in particular as Velvet chose my outfits. She stole a f/c(favorite color) dress/tuxedo with shoes and accessories to match. She then insisted on getting me pajamas and casual wear. We both walked out with bags stuffed with stolen clothing. Val and Vox followed behind us, chatting about The Extermination, bags in hand. 

I was captivated by Vel's charming smile and cute giggles. Despite all the blood and violence, she knew how to take care of herself and others. All the clothing she had stolen was all in my style, and she didn't even care to ask if I liked them. As we climbed inside the limo, I wondered whether Velvet and I would ever get closer.

___________________________

It's honee, big surprise! Val's the next route I'll be starting so stay tuned for that! And I'm sorry I've been putting off this series for so long T-T 

School's just been let out so hopefully I'll be more active and write more chapters quicker. Thank u! :3