Route 2~ Valentino

I jumped as the limo came to a halt. I blinked, trying to clear my fuzzy vision and reorientate myself. Vel and Vox stepped out of the limo as Val stood up. He adjusted his coat and said to me, "Hope you had a good rest. Now get out so I can too." I stood and fixed my clothes before hopping out of the limo. The smell of cigars and alcohol nearly knocked me out after having one of Val's cigarettes. 

"Move please," he snapped, brushing past me and striding into the studio. I rushed up to him, trying to keep up with his fast pace. "What now?" I asked. Val scoffed and gave me a look, "Well, you can try on your clothes or stand in the street." He chuckled and set a hand on my head with amusement. "I'm kidding, you're not going to stay in the streets. However, I would like to see you try on Vel's clothing selection. And then I'd like to chat if you don't mind. Of course, you can decline despite me." I shook off his hand, a bit annoyed that he seemed to use me like a pet. But, on the other hand, I did like the contact and felt like he genuinely enjoyed my presence. 

"Yes! My selection is PERFECT for you!" Velvet squealed before she slipped into the studio's front doors. Val rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath. I trailed after Val as we entered the studio. We took the elevator up to the floor with all of our rooms. Val gestured to my room and said, "Your new clothes should be in there. If not, let me know so I can rip out the spine of the imp responsible for delivering it." I shivered at that and let out a nervous laugh. "That doesn't seem particularly necessary, I'm sure they're all there."

Val nodded with a smile that was surprisingly kind. I turned and entered my room, closing the door behind me. Inside my room was a stack of clothes of all colors. I laid each one out on my bed and examined them. After a minute of looking through them, I picked out my favorite piece which was slightly modest at best. I tried it on, struggling with zippers and straps, etc. The clothes were tight and as I looked in the mirror I was nearly horrified by my reflection. I actually looked like a prostitute. I let out a high-pitched laugh in disbelief.

I slipped on my shoes and nervously opened my door, adjusting my clothing and trying to cover up more skin. I let out a shout as Valentino swept up to me and asked, "Are the clothes fitting properly?" He laughed as he saw me jump and I turned around with a pout on my face. "They fit fine, Val. Just a little revealing, is all," I said, motioning to my outfit. Val looked me up and down and he said with a smile, "I think they look fabulous on you, dear. And not to let you down, but if you want to buy modest clothing, you'll have to have money. I could give you some of my funds if you asked nicely." 

I raised a brow and crossed my arms. "Really?" He grinned, his eyes sparkling. "No. Not yet, y/n." I slumped over and groaned. "However," Val said. "You wanted another cigarette in the limo, and I can provide that. But only one."

I perked up with excitement. It's true, his cigarettes were intoxicating and I was happy to finally have one all to myself. Val dug around in his coat pockets before pulling out a long cig. He gently passed it to me and chuckled as I practically snatched it out of his claws like some sort of wild animal. 

"Thank you, Val," I said with an enormous grin on my face. Val patted my head, and for the first time, I actually enjoyed it. Val could tell as I obviously leaned up into his hand.

"You are so curious, y/n," he said, tilting his head. I laughed and said, "At least I'm not boring. Right?" Val put his hands on his hips and nodded his head in agreement, "That's very true. And I'm very glad that we didn't run you over that one night. It would've been such a waste." I smiled, unsure of how to take that compliment.

"How come you never compliment me like that?" Vox growled, sneaking behind me. Again, I jumped. Val frowned at Vox, the two practically sending death stares to each other. "Because you're under a contract. I don't have to compliment you a damn thing. What's there to compliment?" Val sneered. Vox narrowed his eyes and something in Val's coat snapped. He took a quick breath and pulled out his phone, which was in half and smashed to pieces. 

There was a moment of silence before all hell broke loose. Val had grabbed Vox by the neck and pinned him to the wall while Vox had attempted to rip Val's claws off. 

"Stop you two!" I shouted without a second thought. The two overlords looked down at me, and I suddenly felt ten times smaller. "You don't have to fight, seriously. And if you want to, I don't want to see it, so please, Vox, just calm down. You don't have to be so possessive! And Val, you don't have to be so violent!" I yelled, trying my best to look tall and brave when really I was utterly terrified at the angry faces staring at me.

Val released Vox and he fell to the floor. Vox growled in my direction and spat out, "Satan only knows how you ended up down here. But I swear to Lucifer, next time you get in my way I'll tear you to shreds." Val hissed and said, "Be grateful, Vox. At least you're not dead on the floor. Without y/n, you would be as good as gone." Vox narrowed his eyes at the two of us before stomping away, cursing.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Val rested a hand on my shoulder and said, "Sorry y/n. You're new and probably aren't used to such things just yet. But even so, I am curious as to how you ended up in Hell. The whole time I've known you, you've only been gentle." I sighed and said, "Well, I'm here for a reason. I just don't want to see you two fight. You seem to be great friends."

Val laughed, "Well, I can admit he is my friend but he also works for me. I can't have my employees trying to be above me." I tilted my head in silence as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it, blowing out pink smoke towards the ceiling. He adjusted his glasses and said to me, "Well, today has been very eventful, especially for you. You should get some rest. You look tired anyway. Or, there are some drugs in your room's vanity that should get you through the night."

I laughed awkwardly and said, "I think I'll just take a small nap. Maybe just an hour or two." Val nodded and blew out more smoke, the pink tendrils floating up to the ceiling. "Night Val," I said.

He patted my head again and cooed, "Goodnight y/n. I'll be here, as always." I smiled at him and we stared at each other for a long while before we both turned away with a slight blush.

I slipped into my room again and slowly closed the door, smiling at Val before the door clicked and locked with finality. I sighed and leaned against the door. I was simply supposed to be Val's friend, but for some strange reason, I felt like my heart was saying something different. So before I went to bed, I looked out at the red sky and hoped that he might feel the same.