Route 3~ Vox

Days had lengthened into weeks, but it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I got to hang out with Velvet and help her with her live streams while I spent some time with Val at the bar. But the highlight of my days was when Vox would hang out with me. 

I was invited into his room to see his computer setup which was enormous. There were monitors all across his walls and they were all a blinding bright blue. Random wires and various computer parts were scattered across his red carpet, and his bed wasn't made. Shot glasses and coffee mugs were stacked on his nightstand, but his computer "hub" was perfectly clean. There was a blue keyboard with a pair of black and red headphones resting atop it.

"So, this is essentially it, y/n. My tiny little world. Since I can control electronics, I rarely use my keyboard unless I need it to make music. I can just snap my fingers and code, watch TV, or play tracks from anywhere in this room," Vox explained as he motioned to the monitors on the wall. I heard him snap his fingers and the monitors quickly faded from their singular color to a video of rolling waves crashing onto a rocky cliff. Somehow, that was more enchanting than the monitors themselves.

"Wow," I said, obviously in awe. I lightly brushed my fingertips against the screens, to which a small zap of electricity buzzed my fingers. Vox's screen flickered for a second as he jumped and pulled me back from the screens, "Woah, sorry, I forgot to mention that you probably shouldn't touch the screens. They're connected to my screen, and I also protected them to zap anyone who tries to fuck with them." I looked at him and said, "It's alright, I'm perfectly ok. And I like the ocean waves."

Vox smiled softly at the monitors and said with a sigh, "Well, at least you're okay. I like putting on the ocean waves when I sleep. They remind me of my home before I died." I glanced at his face, which looked slightly sad and bittersweet.

"How did you die?" I asked tentatively. He thought for a second, staring at the deep blue waves on the screens. Finally, he said quickly, "It doesn't matter. I just like the waves." Suddenly the waves disappeared again and the monitors returned to their striking blue color.

Vox leaned against the wall and tilted his screen, "I also have a private studio for my music-making below Val's studio. Just don't tell him that or I might get punched and I'll have to get another screen protector." He chuckled to himself. I laughed along with him before asking, "Can I see your music studio?" Vox raised a brow and paused. "I would, but I have no clue where Val is. If he sees me he might pimp me off to someone. I usually head downstairs during the night time so I don't get caught wandering."

I slumped just a bit. I was genuinely interested in seeing what his studio was like. He noticed and gestured to his desk with his keyboard and headphones. "Well, even if I can't show you my studio, you could listen to some of my tracks here or you play some of the games I've coded and or hacked. If you want, you know," Vox said, tripping over his words. He scratched his neck and looked away with a faint blush on his cheeks. He looked adorable, to say the least. I was almost shocked at myself as I thought that, but I just couldn't help it.

I smiled and warmly accepted his offer. I sat down in the tall leather chair and placed the headphones on my head. I had to adjust the settings since they were too large for my head, seeing as they had to fit Vox's screen. Once the headphones finally fit, I started up the computer and clicked on a folder that held Vox's games. I felt him leaning on my chair, just watching me.

I opened up a random game, but instead of opening, the screen of the computer only showed static. Behind the static, there was a pair of bright red radio dials. "It wasn't me!" I squeaked as the static grew louder. 

"Motherfucker," Vox growled as he glared at the screen. Immediately he shut the PC off and grabbed my wrist. The headphones fell to the floor and I was swept up from the chair and rushed to Vox's bedroom door.

"Listen, I could tell you the whole backstory, but it seems like I don't have enough time to do so. The Radio Demon and I have a bit of a problem getting along. And by that I mean he and I are both out for blood with each other. I really don't want you getting caught up in our bloodbath, y/n," Vox said hurriedly. "Maybe you should wait in your room while I find the old bastard."

"Wait, what?" I asked. "The Radio Demon hates you that much? Why?"

Vox gritted his teeth and growled, "Because I am modern, and he is an old-timer. Or maybe he's just jealous that he'll never understand new tech." I grew more and more concerned the angrier Vox seemed. "What's gonna happen?" I asked.

Vox shook his head with no answer. There was a moment of silent tension. "...Vox?" I said softly.

Without warning, he turned on his heel and gave a quick kiss on the top of my head. He then swept away before I even had time to react. I was shocked. But I was also so happy at the same time. I could feel my face becoming redder by the second. I stood in the studio's hall, staring into the distance and hoping that Vox would be alright. If he wasn't, I would try and rip the great "Radio Demon's" spine from his back. 

I dashed to the nearest window and saw Vox striding out with clenched fists. He was clearly pissed. I wished I could come with him and help, but seeing as I wasn't an overlord, I would be no help to him. I would probably doom him myself.

And then I saw someone else approach him. Someone in a red suit and a black bowtie with the same red radio dials for his eyes. I figured that was The Radio Demon. And all I could think of was Vox's kiss and how much I hoped he would survive whatever would happen next.

💎𝟥𝒱𝓈 𝓍 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇💎जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें