Route 4~ Vox

It had been a long time since Vox had left the studio. Too long. I had spent hours pacing back and forth. Eventually, I had starting downing shots to try and calm my nerves. Velvet was sitting next to me on the barstool with her head resting on her hand.

"Would you fucking quit it, y/n?" she scolded. "You've practically drank half the bar by now!" I paused and looked at the three empty shot glasses in front of me with a confused stare. "I've only had like three shots Vel. And Vox still hasn't come back! What do you expect me to do?" I exclaimed. 

Velvet rolled her eyes and said, "Wait. We wait it out. Vox and Al have scuffled so many times before. And neither of them has died yet. Soooooo, we wait for Vox to come back with a broken screen and a shitty mood. He hates when Al hurts him."

"The Radio Demon doesn't... kill him?" I asked. Velvet giggled and chirped, "You are just the cutest, y/n! Of COURSE not! Al leaves him on the verge of death and taunts him every time. Vox is just a sore loser." She downed a shot and continued, "Vox just can't accept that Alastor is better than him. But I wouldn't tell him that unless you want him to decimate you." Her creepy grin appeared again and a cold shiver went down my spine. Hopefully, he would be back soon.

"Anywhoo, I'm gonna find Val. Have fun drinking your worries away," Velvet said as she hopped off the stool and away from the bar. Another shot was placed in front of me, but I declined. I didn't want to be a blackout drunk. I decided to wait for Vox downstairs. Taking the elevator down was suspenseful; as if I expected him to be bleeding out on the floor.

But when I arrived, everything seemed perfectly normal. It was quiet, and no one seemed to be on the bottom floor. I swallowed the lump in my throat and turned to the main doors. Same old, same old. I was just getting too worried. As I peered out of the tinted glass, a clawed hand thumped onto the door. I jumped with a tiny yelp. I then realized it was Vox.

He stumbled inside the building, his TV screen cracked in the corner with static in the cracked areas. He was clutching his shoulder, where the seams of his jacket were torn and dark crimson blood was spilling out. His whole outfit looked torn up and blood was all over him. 

"Vox!" I yelled, rushing to his side. Vox looked up at me with an uninterpretable expression. "Oh, Satan, you're really hurt! Did the Radio Demon do all this to you?" I asked quickly, trying to support his side.

Vox gritted his teeth and growled, "What do you think? That bitch is gonna pay one of these days, I swear on Lucifer. Going around and flaunting his 'special powers'. What a fucking prick." I helped him to the elevator and we ascended to part of the studio that housed bedrooms. "Damn, I'm sorry Vox," I said gently, trying to calm his hostile nature. I helped him to his room as he limped to lay on his bed. He almost curled up instinctively. 

I peeked out of his room and called to the nearest imp. She rushed over and looked up at me. I narrowed my eyes at her and said, "Vox is severely hurt. Get someone to help him. Now!" She looked startled as she ran away towards the elevator. In the meantime, I turned back to Vox, who was groaning as blood was staining his blanket. I didn't know what to do. I just kept whispering that it would be okay. Eventually, he stopped making noises and turned to give me another strange expression.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked with static interrupting his question. I hesitantly placed a hand on his arm and said, "Because, where would I be without you?" I gasped softly and covered my mouth with my hands immediately. 

Why in Hell would I say that?! That was way too forward!

Vox chuckled slightly as he started to blush. "Well, I'm glad you said it first," he croaked. Wait, said it first? Does that mean-

My train of thoughts was interrupted as the same imp and a tall, one-eyed demon entered the room. The demon clicked its tongue and said in a smooth and calming voice, "Oh, Vox, when will you learn? You're nothing but a play-thing for him." Vox gritted his teeth and hissed.

"Don't worry, I'll still stitch you back up, good as new. But you really do have to learn," the demon said, pulling a cart of medical supplies into the room. They turned to me and asked, "Who are you, and what are you still doing here?" I was about to answer before Vox jumped in and said, "They're a, uh... they're my partner. I'd like them to stay, Cora."

Heat rushed to my cheeks as Vox called me his partner. If Vox wasn't slowly dying on his bed, I'd hug him so tightly that he would explode. I weakly said, "Yes, I'd like to stay, Cora." Cora raised their brow at me and snapped, "Fine, fine. I don't have much time to argue with you, Vox's partner." Vox and I both gave Cora a similar glare. 

Cora started to work on Vox, stitching him up, just as promised. When every wound was covered and bandaged, they clicked their tongue and pulled out a syringe. Naturally, I asked, "Uh, Cora, what's in that?" Cora didn't even look at me as they said, "It's a sleeping medicine I give all my patients after being worked on. It allows them to rest for about a day."

"Wait, you're putting him to sleep?" I asked, my heart rate steadily rising. "But-" I continued, but Vox interrupted and said, "Y/n, it's okay. I've experienced it before. There's no need to worry. I'll wake tomorrow, okay?"

I paused. But if Vox was alright with it, then I was too. "Alright," I sighed. Cora scoffed and chuckled. "By Satan, you two are something. No wonder you picked someone like them, Vox," Cora said with a smirk as she leveled the syringe to his neck. Vox frowned at Cora and said, "They really are something, aren't they? Wouldn't want anyone else here with me." I blushed again, trying to gain composure.

Cora laughed and quickly stabbed the syringe into Vox's neck. They released the medicine, and in mere seconds, Vox's eyes were shut and he was fast, fast asleep.

_______________________________

Hi guys! Sorry this chapter was a lil short, I promise I'll make it up to you on part 5!