Route 10~ Valentino

Anger.

I could tell Valentino was angry. Everyone around us could. But this was new. Raw.

This fury radiated from him and cleared everyone away from him. He stood and began to march over to the host stand where Rini and a few others stood. I followed him, not daring to separate. In only a few short strides, Val was face to face with Rini. He stood there, looking up at Valentino with a stupid grin, whereas all the other servers suddenly had better things to do.

"You. What are you doing here?" Val growled through his teeth. I could tell he was trying to keep his composure, but he was practically shaking with anger.

Rini kept smiling, seemingly unfazed by the overlord's looming presence. "I'm a waiter," he said plainly. Val took a shuddering breath. I took his hand and squeezed it. Thankfully he squeezed back and exhaled. Suddenly noticing me, Rini laughed and said, "Hey! Is this your new fucktoy? I recognize them."

If I wasn't there, Rini would've been splattered all over the walls by now. Val grabbed Rini by his throat and slammed him against the wall. Customers began to notice and back away from the scene. "I'm no one's toy!" I barked out before Val completely lost his cool.

"Oh, you have no idea how many types of dead you are," Val laughed in a low, frigid voice that sent chills up my spine. One moment whirled into another, and suddenly I was following Val out into the back of the restaurant. Rini was being pressed against the wall, struggling to maintain his smirk.

"Why in the nine realms do you think messing with us is a good idea?" he hissed, tightening his hold. Rini coughed and spat, "I don't!"

"Bullshit!" I cried, not daring to hold my tongue anymore. "You weren't an 'understudy'. You're probably a spy or some shit! Cough it up you lowlife!"

Anger started to bubble inside of me as well. Who knew what this smartass was planning to do. Kill me? Kill Val? I clenched my fists and dug my nails into my palms.

"You heard Y/N," Val chuckled, his eyes narrowing. Rini finally broke his smile and gasped as his airway was slowly being cut off. "I! Was! Paid!" he squeaked, suddenly not seeming so threatening.

"By whom?" Val snarled, slamming him against the wall. I winced as I heard something crack. Most likely a bone. "I can't..." he wheezed, his face turning purple as Val continued to choke him.

With a vicious growl, Valentino threw Rini to the ground, baring his claws. Rini gasped for breath as he temporarily rolled against the concrete. Blood dripped from his mouth as he started to back away from Val, who was fast approaching.

"Wait! Wait!" he cried, curling up under Val. "What do you mean, wait?" I snapped, looking down at this pathetic demon. I was scared of him? 

"What were you paid to do? And who the fuck paid you?" Val hissed, leaning down to stare at Rini. He cowered under his gaze and blubbered, blood streaming from his mouth. "Quit your crying, bitch. Now tell me," Val barked.

Rini nodded, trying to wipe away the blood but only smearing it everywhere. "I was paid to assassinate you," he whimpered, shying away from Val's cruel gaze. I didn't need to even look at Val to know that he was fuming. He wasn't even speaking. A cold shiver ran down my spine.

"By who?" he asked, his face darkening. Rini swallowed and bit his lip, obviously trying to prolong the inevitable. "Spit it out!" I yelled. I could barely take the tension between the three of us anymore. I just wanted him to tell us so we could rip him apart and be done with it.

"It was Angel Dust, sir!" Rini cried, squeezing his eyes shut and bracing for what he probably expected a gun shot. Something switched in Val at that second. As he seethed in silence, Rini began to spill more and more information.

"He paid me a lot of money! Drugs, too! To slip into your studio and kill you!" he blubbered. "But Y/N has been hanging around you and I was trying to figure a way to break you two up!"

Val didn't say a single word. He simply pulled out his cellphone and dialed a number. A high pitched voice answered the line.

"Hey Val! What's up?"

"Velvette, I need you to come to my location now. I have my tracker on. Bring the tools," Val snapped into the phone. Without a response, he ended the call and gave a sinister smile to Rini.

"Don't worry," he whispered, his voice laced with poison and fury. "I'm not going to kill you."

Both Rini and I were surprised. "Really?" we asked in unison. Rini looked up at Val, a glimmer of hope still in his eyes. 

"Velvette is going to tear you apart limb from limb. She's going to come here and make sure you live to feel every bit of pain imaginable. And then you'll recover. And then she'll do it all over again," he said with a cruel smile painted on his face. After hearing that, I gave Rini a satisfied smile. Rini, however, was clearly not happy.

In a matter of moments, he began to cry. Ugly crying. He started beg. To plead. He was practically kissing Valentino's boots. But that only earned him a swift kick to the face, leading to more blood. I couldn't help but smile. This bastard was planning on killing Val. He deserved what was coming to him.

A voice sang in the distance, "Hiiiiii!" Velvette was skipping down the alley to meet us in the back. She carried a large duffle bag that I couldn't imagine what it contained.

Her pigtails bounced as she dropped it onto the concrete. Rini was a crying, bloody mess as Velvette chirped, "Hi Y/N! I hope you're not afraid of a little gore!" She giggled.

As she opened the duffle bag, I saw what could only be described as the largest collection of torture devices ever assembled. There were pliers, hack saws, knives, needles, matches, chains, cattle prods, and more that I couldn't name. Val placed a hand on my shoulder and said lovingly, "We can wait in the limo if you wish, love."

I turned back to Rini and Velvette as she picked up an unnaturally sharp knife and brandished it with a wicked smile. I shuddered. 

"Let's wait in the car, Val," I said, giving one of his hands a squeeze. We left the back of the restaurant and slid into the limo, Rini's screams echoing throughout the city.

As we got comfortable, Valentino took a drag from his cigarette and said, "Now that our problem is solved, we have yet another to accomplish." I leaned into Val's chest as his face turned a bright red.

"How are we going to deal with Angel?"