Route 5~ Vox

As Cora had promised, after a day, Vox was awake and back to his normal self. Luckily, nothing seemed to be wrong and he was fixed up good as new. While he was asleep, I internally wondered what sort of power The Radio Demon had to cause that much damage to Vox. Also, if they always arrived at stalemates, why even bother fighting anyway?

I was at the bar, no surprise, when Vox sat on the barstool next to me. I flushed and gave him a sideways glance. He ordered a blue shot and stared at it before turning to me.

"Hey, thanks for calling Cora for me yesterday, y/n."

I jumped and responded, "Of course! You were badly hurt. And I'd do anything for you." As soon as the words left my mouth, I immediately shut up and covered my face. Why in all of Hell did he make me flustered from a simple sentence like that?

Vox let out a laugh as he drank his shot. He gave a laugh as electricity sparked between his fingers. He put a hand on my shoulder and said, "Hey, come with me for a sec." Obviously, there was no way I would say no to him.

I followed him to the elevator and we rose up and up... further up than expected. With a small 'ding', the elevator doors opened and Vox and I faced what appeared to be the roof of the studio. I stepped out, my body moving forward without me telling it to. Neon lights flashed all over the city. The sky was a bright red and shone down on all the demons walking the streets. I could hear gunshots in the distance and screams frighteningly close to where we were.

"Well?" Vox asked, stepping next to me. "How do you like the view?"

I climbed atop the roof's edge and stared out at the sea of buildings. I let out a breath and said, "This place may be a shithole, but the view is fantastic! You can see almost all of Pentagram city!"

Vox stepped up next to me and said with a waver in his voice, "Please don't fall. That would totally suck." I laughed and pretended to wobble on the roof's edge.

His eyes looked frantic as he watched me, clearly unsure of what to do. Then, as I leaned that slightest bit too far, I felt my stomach lurch as I nearly tumbled over. But Vox grabbed my waist and pulled me to him, looking quite worried, as expected.

I only looked into his eyes, unsure of what to say. We were so close together... it felt like a distant dream. Like we were characters in a romance novel. A breeze fluttering our clothes, the both of us locked eyes, and the same thought running through our heads.

I love you.

Vox and I went in for the kiss in sync, like some force was drawing us together. And this time, the kiss wasn't on my forehead. Our lips crashed together. I felt a spark of electricity from Vox on my mouth and it shot through my body like a bullet.

He drew me in closer and all I could think of was his electric love and the beat of his heart in sync with mine.

Eventually we had to pull away. We were both starved for air as we both breathed heavily. I locked eyes with Vox again and a chill was sent down my spine.

"I don't know what to say, y/n. I can't untangle my own feelings. Before you arrived, all I had were Vel, Val, and that bambi bitch. But every day my body just wants to be close to yours," Vox said softly. I looked up at him and said, "You don't have to know your feelings completely. But I just want to be with you all the time. You're like your own drug."

Vox let out a soft chuckle and stared out at the city. I was about to say something before someone burst into the roof, panting and completely feral.

"Velvet? What's going on?" I asked, stepping down from the roof. Vox hopped down too, a glowering look on his screen.

Vel just stood there in shock at the sight of us and whipped out her phone. She had already taken a picture before we could react.

"VELVET! Delete that this moment!" Vox yelled, taking a menacing step towards Velvet. But she's only stuck out her tongue and said casually, "I got worried with the two of you gone, so I went looking for you. But don't worry love birds, I won't share that to Sinstagram. At least, I'll wait until it's official." She winked at us and slid her phone away.

Vox looked like if Vel taunted him any longer, he might explode. I stepped between the two and said gently, "It's alright Vox, Velvet said she won't post it. And Velvet, Vox won't do anything to harm you."

Velvet flipped her hair and giggled, "Oh, I know he won't. Especially after that fight with Alastor. Tell you what Vox; I'll send you the photos and you can post them when you feel like it. Deal?" Vox seethed as he begrudgingly shook Velvet's hand and muttered, "Deal."

"Okie dokie! I'm gonna go scam some new club members, have fun up here!" Velvet sang as she skipped to the elevator and quickly descended.

Once she was gone, Vox picked up an old beer bottle and smashed it across the roof, shouting, "LITTLE BITCH! She was probably eavesdropping the whole goddamn time!" I jumped at the sound of the glass breaking and tried to calm Vox down, "It's alright, she's your friend. And she made a deal with you." Vox let out a sigh and sat on the floor, watching the sparks between his fingertips.

I sat next to him and said, "Don't worry, things will work out." Vox huffed and turned to me. "Is it possible to act weak around you? I've always been told to uphold the Overlord presence. But am I allowed to just be myself around you?"

I was a little shocked at his question but answered, "Vox, of course. You can always be honest and yourself when you're with me. I... I do love you y'know." Vox blushed and said with a chuckle, "I have no clue how you ended up in Hell, but for my sake, I'm so so glad you did." I gave him a smile which he returned.

"And I love you too, y/n."