Route 3~ Valentino

The days and weeks had started to blend together as I spent more and more time in literal Hell. As usual, my only real friends were Vel, Vox, and Val. If only my name started with a V. 

One morning, I heard a large knock on my door. I opened my eyes slowly as a familiar voice said, "Y/n, are you in there? May I come in?" I jumped as I recognized whose voice it belonged to. I stumbled out of bed and rushed to my wardrobe, flushing as I shouted, "Just a minute Val!" I slipped on a simple outfit that we had stolen and paired it with six-inch red pumps/platform boots. I wasn't about to feel small standing next to Val. 

I opened the door to see Val flicking away a cigarette and adjusting his glasses. As usual, his tall red hat and sunglasses remained, but his red coat had been replaced by a nearly sheer red jacket with dark crimson fur at the wrists and train. He still wore his usual black boots and fluffy heart-covered hood, but his new outfit was unexpected but well-received. I tried to hide my blush as he turned around to face me.

He smiled as he looked at my outfit. "Lovely threads, y/n," he purred softly. I gave a nervous chuckle and replied, "You too Val. I love the new coat." Even with my heels/boots on, Valentino still towered over me, and when he leaned down so we were nearly at the same eye level and said, "Glad you enjoy it, y/n. But, I'm not here to show off my clothing. May I come in?" A blush crept onto my face as I opened my bedroom door. "Of course, Val. Anytime!" I exclaimed as he strode inside.

He looked around my room and said, "How charming. I guess I did want you to have the best of the best." I smiled softly and asked, "Soooo, why are you here this early Val?" Valentino turned around to look at me again and grinned, showing his gold tooth. "Velvet when shopping a few hours ago and Vox has gone to fuck with the Radio Demon. Again," he sighed, clearly annoyed. "So I was wondering if you wanted to hang with me for the day. We can have the entire sofa to ourselves if you wish," he said softly. Clearly, I was too nervous to answer to that comment as Valentino chuckled and placed a hand on my back. "Let's head to the club to start, shall we? After all, you look too stunning to be cooped up in your room, dear," Val said, escorting the both of us into the hallway.

Why was he always so sweet with me? I had seen his true demon side a few times and it seemed that he was unforgiving with everyone, even Vox and Vel. But he almost never snapped at me or looked down on me. Well, he only literally looked down at me. The both of us took the elevator to the club where music was blasting from the speakers and a crowd of demons was swarming around the stage where hoop dancers spun and twirled.

An imp rushed up to Val and said, "Would you like your usual drink mister Valentino?" Val nodded and said, "Make it two. Now go away." The imp dashed away to the bar. It looked like he was used to that treatment by now. Val guided me to the pink velvet sofa and we both stretched out on it. It was surprisingly fluffy and warm, as if my face wasn't warm enough from the blush that began to creep back. Val put an arm around me and subtly pulled me closer. I was as still as I could be, wondering what was happening. It was like the hoop dancers, the crowd of demons, and the loud music weren't even there. It was just him and I, close enough to hear each other's heartbeat. I glanced up at Val, whose eyes were poised on the stage, but it looked like he had a tiny bit of blush on his cheeks. 

I snapped back to reality when the imp returned with two large glasses of a light blue-ish green liquid. He handed the two glasses to Val, who sent him away with just a glare. Val handed one of the glasses to me. "Wait, for me?" I asked. Val chuckled and said, "One glass is always enough for me. And I thought you might like to try my favorite bar drink. Although I don't recommend drinking the entire glass seeing as your stature is much smaller than mine."

I chuckled along with him as I accepted the glass. I stared into the drink, seeing my reflection in the alcohol. I looked obviously normal. Not nearly as stunning as the other demons in the room. So was this Val's normal nature, or did he actually like me? I decided to take a sip of the drink before thinking of that for too long. 

After I took a sip, something immediately hit me. It was a strange, tangy but sweet flavor that affected me as soon as it touched my lips. This was an extremely strong drink, but Val was drinking it as if it was just water. I took another sip, not wanting to insult him or the bar.

Val glanced at me, seeing me scrunch up my face while sipping his drink. He laughed and put a clawed hand on my head. He leaned in and asked over the music, "Is it too strong? I didn't know it was that bad." I winced and said with a smile, "Yeah, it's a bit much for my taste. But I can see why you enjoy it."

Val raised a brow and said, "You have some on your chin. Do you mind if I get it for you?" I flushed but nodded, expecting him to use his napkin to carefully wipe it away. However, that was not the case. 

He quickly leaned even closer and licked the drink off of my chin. His tongue was so long and I was so startled by his action that I nearly yelled out. Once again, I was too shocked to move. He licked up my chin and eventually kissed me with unexpected gentleness. When he pulled away he grinned with a sly smile, seeing how flustered I got with that simple action. 

"Well, that certainly tasted good," Val remarked, crossing his legs. I gave a nervous chuckle, unsure of what to say. "Now I know that there is something sweeter than that drink," he cooed. Again I nearly jumped at what he was saying to me. He had just kissed me and was telling me I tasted better than his own favorite drink! I had no idea how to react other than to just lock eyes with him and blush against my own will. 

"Mister Valentino? Velvet just arrived and she needs to speak with you," the same imp said as he came over to us. Val groaned and hissed, "Tell her to fuck off." The imp swallowed and said carefully, "Sir, miss Velvet has insisted that she needs to see you. She said it is important." Val gritted his teeth and stood up, looking down at me and saying sweetly, "Well, I'll be back y/n. It seems our morning has been interrupted." He then swept away with the imp trailing after him.

I finally let out a breath and felt my heart pound. I couldn't process what just happened. It was almost like a dream. So to feel something other than lust, I downed the rest of my drink and let the alcohol work its magic.