Route 11~ Velvette

Instead of smoke and explosives coming from the bomb as expected, it instead rolled into the room and slowly stopped. Both Sir Pentious and I stared at it. His face started to glow as he realized nothing was happening, while I felt sick to my stomach. Was this grenade not working?

"Aha!" Sir Pentious exclaimed, proudly adjusting his suit. His egg minions cheered in the background as he haughtily shouted, "Look's like you're not getting saved today!" My heart sunk into my stomach. 

An egg boi controlling the ship squawked, "Sir! Vox's ship is flying away! We did it!" There was a roar of applause as Sir Pentious slithered over to me. "Hear that? Your savior is flying away!"

But the cries of happiness from the eggs suddenly turned into cries of panic. Red alarms went off in the back of the ship as one cried, "Sir! The ship has stopped working! We're going to crash!" 

What? Sir Pentious' hood flared as he snapped, "What? What did you do?!" It was serious. I could already feel the ship losing air as the slow plummet to the ground began. My stomach flipped as the fall came faster and faster. The eggs around me started to hug each other and began sobbing, one even screaming, "I'm too young to die!"

Velvette. I need to get to Velvette! My mind raced as I tried to think of a way to get to her in time. "SHIT!" Sir Pentious screamed as he fiddled with his ship's controls. He eventually slammed his fist into the controls and shouted, "Grab Velvette and that thing and get the escape pod! We need them as bargaining chips!"

I felt relief wash over me as I heard we were going to be saved. Although the ship was still descending when the bomb that was thrown rolled to my feet. Wait... this wasn't a grenade. This was an EMP mine. I could've roared with laughter if the situation wasn't so dire. THAT'S why his ship started to veer away. If he stayed, the EMP would've knocked him out too.

My stomach flipped again as a few eggs hoisted me up and threw me in a large side room. This room seemed to be lined with a type of metal and upholstery. Was he planning on surviving the crash in this safety bubble he called an escape pod?

Suddenly, Velvette was tossed in with me, and I gave a shout of laughter and exclaimed, "Velvette!" She looked up at me and a grin flashed across her face. But there was no time to talk as Sir Pentious climbed in along with dozens of eggs. We were so packed I was certain we could barely breathe.

"Brace!" Velvette yelled. I squeezed my eyes shut and rolled into the fetus position. I could feel Velvette against me, and so for the one moment we weren't about to crash, I felt safe. And then that moment ended.

Metal met concrete as the ship crashed into the ground. It was a blur. There were screams, mini explosions, the loudest scraping of metal in existence, eggs cracking, and more screams. Velvette and I were the only silent ones.

It felt like forever when eventually the ship slowed to a stop. I slowly opened my eyes, egg yolks covering the three of us. My shoulder was covered in blood, although I had no idea whose it was. I looked up and saw the remnants of the massive ship in fire around us. Some eggs were still alive, although they seemed to be knocked out. Velvette groaned and sat up, her hair matted and her face bloody.

She gave me a lopsided grin, and I kissed her despite the literal hell around us. Sir Pentious shrieked, "Stop being all lovey dovey! You're my captives!" Velvette rolled her eyes and spat at the snake who screamed and fell back onto one of his eggs.

"Looks like the EMP worked," a voice said behind us. Velvette and I whirled around to see Vox looking down at us with his hands on his hips. "Yeah. We'd appreciate you untie us now," Velvette said, shaking an egg yolk off of her forehead.

"You owe me one, Velvette," Vox hissed as he took out a pocket knife and cut us free. "Now let's deal with the snake."

Sir Pentious' head popped up at the mention of his name. He quickly struck a villainous pose and cackled, "Aha! I can't believe you fled in the face of battle, Vox!" Vox checked his watch.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me?!" Sir Pentious squawked. Vox, still looking at his watch, took out a gun and blindely fired at the snake. A small tranq dart shot out the barrel and buried itself in his neck.

"What the-" Sir Pentious said before collapsing. The eggs around him looked at Vox before scattering. "Alright, back to the studio you two. I guess you can't be trusted alone out and about," Vox huffed. "Vox!" Velvette whined. "Don't say you didn't enjoy crashing his ship!"

Vox grinned and admitted, "Of course it was fun." Velvette nudged my side and squeaked, "Hey, we made Vox smile!" She pecked my cheek despite her bloody lips. Although, that kind of made it hotter. 

"Hey! How about you two fuck when you're INSIDE?" Vox barked.

"Sounds like a plan~" I cooed, eyeing Velvette up and down. I'd say date successful.