Route 12~ Vox

"Seeing as everyone is present," Lucifer boomed, his eyes darting to the balcony of overseers. I felt his eyes on me, shivers running up my back. Just looking in his eyes made me tremor. 

He clasped his hands together and took a step off of his throne. "We'll begin." The overseers next to me were listening intently and summoning golden notepads out of thin air. Listening and watching.

"Vox, my good friend," Lucifer said with a sharp smile. Something about it was off. Despite his short stature, Lucifer seemed to take up all the space in the room. "Thank you for coming on such short notice. Your friends are always late for some reason," he grumbled. The overseers next to me started to scribble furiously. What the hell were they writing?

"I've also invited a surprise guest for this meeting. One of the reasons I ordered you here," Lucifer said. On cue, a shadow crept across the floor and materialized next to Vox. My stomach leapt into my throat. It was Alastor. What the fuck was he up to?

"Thank you, Alastor," Lucifer said, nodding his head toward the Radio Demon. "Anytime, Your Majesty! Nothing is more important than your meetings!" His microphone's eye turned and stared directly into my eyes. This wasn't good. Something was wrong. I needed to leave.

Vox jumped back from Alastor and yelled, "What the fuck is HE doing here?" His screen glitched for a moment as Alastor tilted his head at him.

"You see," Lucifer said, his voice silencing Vox and Alastor. "Your dear rival Alastor here requested this meeting." I felt sick. What was happening? The overseers were quietly whispering among themselves as I tried to melt into the shadows. I had to get out.

"What? What the fuck does he want now?" Vox growled, his eye twitching. Alastor cut in and said in his cheery voice, "I don't consider myself a... TV... person. But I've seen demons, myself included, noticing that Vox seems to be abandoning his post and status as overlord!" Alastor's mic gasped in sync with Vox.

"What the hell?" Vox shouted. "That's absurd! Why would I give up my power?" Vox glowered at Alastor, and if I were down there, I would punch that smug smile right off that bastard. 

"He's taken a lover!" Alastor said dramatically. Lucifer raised a brow, as if somewhat bored. But my stomach sank into my stomach when that radio fucker said that. Was he selling me out?

"You've been neglecting your duties because of a special someone?" Lucifer asked Vox, crossing his arms. Vox went from glaring at Alastor to smiling weakly at Lucifer, and then back to glowering at Alastor. "In fact," Alastor said, smiling wider. "I managed to bring them right here!"

The overseers next to me gasped and started to whisper and write. I felt light headed. I backed up, desperately looking for the door in the shadows. "Alastor you little cock-sucker! What did you do?" Vox growled. Lucifer raised a brow and asked, "What do you mean, Alastor?"

Alastor snapped his fingers and I suddenly felt myself being dragged from the balcony. My heart raced as I clawed onto anything to slow my descent. But it was no use. I plopped down on the marble floor next to the three demons, guilt, fear, and panic on my face.

Vox looked at me, something like fear or anger in his eyes. Lucifer clicked his tongue as he looked down on me. Something I was used to.

"Alastor, you can't just sneak in demons when you please. And what am I supposed to do? If he's in love, do you want me to castrate him?" Lucifer asked sarcastically. Vox dropped to the floor, worry flashing on his screen.

"Y/N, are you alright? What did this monster do to you?" he asked in a hushed voice. I could feel eyes on me and I shivered as I clung to Vox, fighting back tears. "He sold me out," I ground out, glaring at Alastor. He only chuckled and said, "And you were dumb enough to fall for it."

In a second, Vox lunged at Alastor, clawing and swinging. I shrieked and jumped back as claws met flesh and blood spurted onto the floor. Gasps could be heard from the overseer's balcony. I felt sick. Lucifer snapped his fingers and the two magically separated. 

Alastor wore a nasty, bloody grin, his coat ripped and totally fucked up. Vox's screen flickered and blood seeped through his tore coat. "If you fight again," Lucifer said calmly. "I will kill you both. No matter how entertaining or powerful you are." As the two sat, breathing heavily and sending death stares to each other, Lucifer turned to me.

"Who are you?" he asked, his gaze neither hostile nor friendly. I swallowed the lump in my throat before slowly saying, "Y/N."

"Is it true you've been interfering with Vox's work?" he asked. I shook my head and blubbered, "What? Of course not! Vox is a great overlord! I don't know why Alastor would lie like that! I swear your Majesty, I'm not fucking up anything!"

He let out a laugh and said, "To be honest, I could give less of a fuck." I swallowed. "As long as Vox isn't ignoring his duties and Alastor isn't inviting random nobodies into my palace, we will be just fine."

He looked at Vox and Alastor and hissed, "Now get the hell out. This was a proper waste of my time."

Lucifer disappeared in a cloud of red smoke before any of us could say anything. Silence filled the hall before a pair of large guards came in to escort us out. Alastor shrugged and started to walk out. I ran to Vox and embraced him, my tremors leaving me.

"You're not hurt?" I asked, my voice wobbly seeing him in such a state. "I'm fine," he said, kissing me as the guards started to push us out. My attention turned to Alastor as we finally left the hall.

"Hey! You!" I barked, anger flooding through my veins. Alastor turned and gave me that same, stupid grin. "Ah! Wasn't that entertaining?" he chuckled.

"If you weren't an overlord, I would rip you to shreds," I growled, gritting my teeth. This bastard was trying to get us in trouble with the KING of Hell himself. What a scumbag.

"I hope you die," Vox simply said before taking my arm and rushing past him. It was a long, silent walk as we exited the palace. Once we were out, I hugged him tightly and let out a silent tear.

"I'm so glad you're ok, Vox," I said. He kissed my cheek and replied, "Me too, my love."

I swear on my life, I would kill Alastor. I would kill him.