Repo Mantis: Part 5

Aria's POV:

{One montage later}

After a few days of hard work, the guys & I are leaving Todd's new home/puppy amusement park in the RV. I sit between the two as Mikey sits in the passenger seat, with Donnie as our designated driver. Donnie begins to drive away while Todd waves goodbye as he stands outside the driver's window holding a large handful of puppies.

Todd: "Bye, guys! I'll never forget this! And come back if you ever want to milk the puppies! They have eight nipples."

I shudder as Donnie rolls up the window, his eyes wide in annoyance.

Donnie: "No! Stop! No!"

A short drive later, we're back at Repo's salvage.

Donnie: "All right!"

Me: "We did it!"

Mikey: "Hey, Repo! One RV, as promised. Wax up that moon buggy, baby."

Repo approaches the three of us with an amused grin.

Repo: "Not bad, not bad.  But what had happened was, I ain't giving it to you. Turns out, dorky Jupiter Jim fans'll pay big bucks just to sit in that thing!"

Donnie sticks his head out through the driver's window.

Me: "What?!"

Donnie: "We had a deal, buddy-o!"

Donnie helps me out of the RV as Repo nonchalantly shrugs his shoulders.

Repo: "Scrapping is a tricky business, kids, and you got tricked."

I walk up to stand in Repo's face.

Me: "Oh no you don't, bug breath! We worked too long, & too hard, and dealt with an annoyingly positive capybara to be denied what we deserve per our agreement."

Repo shoves me out of the way, causing me to fall back to the ground.

Repo: "Hey, the broad's funny."

Mikey looks at me with worry while Donnie grits his teeth and glares as he growls at Repo. Repo then lifts large metal blocks over his head.

Repo: "I'm gonna break your legs halfway through, twice! Since you're a puny, little human, it'll be twice as easy."

Repo slams the blocks down where I am, but I roll out of the way in the nick of time.

Me: "Mikey, the magnet!"

Mikey swings his kusari-fundo past Repo and into the cab of a nearby crane. He then wraps his hand around the control handle and yanks on it. The overhead magnet comes on and pulls Repo into the air. Repo splutters as he tries to get loose. Donnie rushes to help me stand as we race to the moon buggy.

Mikey: "A deal's a deal, chico."

Donnie: "Is there anything magnets can't do?"

We all hop into the moon buggy, the guys ooh-ing and ahh-ing in amazement at the movie prop. They both laugh while Donnie presses random buttons as we drive off.

Donnie: "Eat crater dust, bug man!"

Eventually, Repo escapes the trap and chases us in his truck. Unfortunately, the buggy isn't exactly the fastest vehicle on Earth. Donnie & I look out his window to see a cyclist keeping pace with us.

Me: "Man, this thing is slow."

Mikey: "Of course it is. It was built for the gravity of the moon."

Suddenly, Repo's truck bashes into the rear of the buggy.

Repo: "Give me back my dork-mobile!"

Mikey cracks his knuckles with a confident grin.

Mikey: "Moon-core lasers, activate!"

He presses a button on the dashboard, but nothing happens.

Donnie: "Uh..."

Mikey: "Crater dust cloud."

Mikey presses another button, only for nothing to happen again.

Me: "Should that do anything?"

Mikes starts rapidly pressing one button after the other.

Mikey: "Zero-atmosphere missiles?"

Then, a button springs up from the dashboard.

Mikey: "Aw, nuts."

We let out a yell as Repo's truck hits us again. Repo laughs as he pulls up alongside us and crashes into Donnie's side of the buggy.

Donnie: "This is a movie vehicle, Mikey. They wouldn't load it up with advanced lunar artillery."

Mikey & I share a knowing look, an idea popping into both our heads.

Me: "Not unless it's the buggy from 'Jupiter Jim's Third Last Trip to the Moon'."

Mikey slams his fist into the dashboard.

Mikey: "Which had a fake dashboard to fool the Plutonians!"

Turns out, we were right. There is another dashboard beneath the fake one. I grab a lever that says 'Pull To Activate'.

Mikey: "Pasta fazool! We're kicking in Jupiter Jim Titan Turbo Mode!"

We all cheer as the engines fire up. Mikey makes faces at Repo as we start to go faster. Repo continues to give chase, getting angrier by the second.

Donnie "I can't shake him!"

Mikey: "I'll try the Gravity Grease 3000."

Mikey presses another button with that exact name. A panel lifts on the side as pipes spray grease on the street, sidewalk, and pedestrians. This proves to be ineffective, as he rams into the buggy again.

Donnie: "I think we got a bunch of people pretty oily.  Ow!"

Repo repeatedly continues to hit us from his truck, honking his horn as he does so.

Me: "Maybe the bug zapper button?"

Donnie turns to the dashboard in surprise and confusion.

Donnie: "Really?  There is a bug-zapper but-"

Donnie turns to Mikey with an annoyed look.

Donnie: "Why didn't you try that first?"

Mikey pouts in a defensive manner.

Mikey: "It didn't have a '3000' after it."

Donnie extends a robotic arm holding a pen from his battle shell. The arm writes a '3000' after the words 'Bug Zapper'.

Donnie: "There. Happy?"

Mikey looks to the button with a grin as he presses it.

Mikey: "Why, thank you."

A panel at the back of the buggy opens as an arm with two large panels shoots a blue ball of energy toward Repo.

I give Mikey a high five, he does the same to Donnie, and Donnie gives me a lasting kiss in the excitement. Once we pull away, we smile warmly at one another before turning to the road ahead with a cry of victory.

Turtles & I: "Hard as nails!"

I can only imagine what Donnie will make of this vehicle once we return to the lair. Knowing him, it'll be turtle-tastic!! Cowabunga!!!

End of Episode Six