The Purple Game

Aria's POV:

Raph, Mikey, Leo & I meet up with Donnie in our room as he sits in front of the TV screen, enraptured in his newest video game.

Raph: "Donnie, have you been playing all night?"

Donnie: "Yes, this is the greatest game of all time. Stop talking to me. Oh, yes! Rank is rising! Oh, I gotta make it to number one, baby!"

Raph: "Well, let's go, get dressed. If we're late to FanCon, we'll miss out on the Jupiter Jim swag."

Donnie: "I'll meet you there. I'm earning Purple Points to unlock sweet upgrades."

Me: "Babe, are you ok? Atomic Lass is gonna be there. She's your favorite character from the extended Jupiter Jim universe. She and JJ haven't spoken since-"

Mikey: "We don't speak of that."

Donnie presses up against the screen.

Donnie: "Gotta make it to number one!"

Leo: "I know I say this a lot about Donnie, but...demon possession!"

Donnie: "I'm fine."

Me: *sighs* "All right. We'll see you when we get back. Love you, D."

I kiss Donnie's temple before following the others out of the lair. Hopefully, once this game's over, Donnie will go back to his normal self.

{Time skip}

Mikey: "What a night, baby!"

Raph: "Once in a lifetime!"

Leo: "We just shared a life-changing experience."

Me: "Babe, you're never gonna believe what just happened! I know it'll never make up for it, but we got you a Jupiter Jim figure with real chopping action."

We walk back into Donnie's and my room to find that he's donned a lumberjack outfit.

Donnie: "Ten! So close to 1. Nothing is gonna stop Bootyyyshaker9000."

Raph moves to stand between Donnie and the screen.

Raph: "Dude, you ok? You're dressed up like a lumberjack."

Donnie: "It's a new upgrade I unlocked. Not many have."

Leo: "How'd you pay for that gear? Donnie, how'd you pay for that gear?"

We walk into everyone else's rooms to find their piggy banks shattered to pieces while I check the secret stash of money I keep in a disclosed location that only Donnie knows about.

Mikey: "He destroyed Mrs. Porky Coin! I will avenge her!"

Me: "Sorry, Mikey. This is weird. He didn't go near the money from my shifts at 'Run of the Mill Pizza'."

Leo: "And he doesn't seem to care he missed a literal once in a lifetime experience. That lady in a wheelchair walked!"

Raph: "What do you do if someone you love is obsessed with something that's bad for them?"

{Time skip}

Apparently, you scour the internet for answers.

Raph: "So we've read every Internet Doctor article on how to treat Recreational Game Obsession Mania."