Longest Fight: Part 1

Aria's POV:

Tonight, our favorite professional skateboarder is performing an infamous move: the 14-40. Donnie's setting up the program on his tablet, Leo's practicing his tricks, and Mikey and I are preparing the snacks.

Mikey: "Ok. We got pizza rolls, pizza balls, pizza tots, pizza puffs, and duck à l'orange pizza!"

Me: "Very nicely done, Miguel."

Donnie: "As if today could get anymore perfect."

Announcer: "Live from Tokyo, the Extreme Skateboard Finals!"

Raph: "Hey, it's starting, guys!"

Mikey: "Woo-hoo!"

Announcer: "3 hours of insane tricks. And the rumors are true, Sydney Allen will attempt a 14-40 on the mega ramp."

Donnie: "Is that even possible?"

Mikey: "No way!"

Raph: "She's gotta be a mutant."

Leo: "Hey, I bet I could do a 14-40."

Donnie and I share a look with a collective eye-roll and sigh.

Me: "Let's just forego the usual, 'No, don't. That's four rotations. That's crazy talk, Leo'. And skip right ahead to-"

Donnie & I: "Cover the food."

Raph and Mikey rush to protect the food as Leo rolls down the ramp.

Leo: "For Sydney! Hot Soup!"

It's a little dodgy, but he's pulling it off. Until his skateboard slides out from under him, I catch him as he falls to the ground, but his skateboard crashes into-

Raph: "The Wi-Fi! Wi-Fi. Skating. Raph watch. Donnie & Aria fix. Raph Happy."

Me: "Deep breaths, big brother."

Donnie: "I need pre-game. Stats, highlights of past stats, projections of future stats. We're missing the stats, people!"

Me: "Ok, everyone relax. I have a plan, but it's not gonna be pretty."

{Time skip}

We're all kneeling in front of Dad, begging for TV time.

Raph: "Dad, you gotta let us watch TV."

Mikey: "We'll do anything."

Dad dons a sly grin as I pour him some tea.

Splinter: "Anything? That is more than something and just shy of everything. Go on."

Mikey: "Gourmet dinners."

Donnie: *groans* "Nostril waxing."

Me: "Karaoke sessions every Friday night."

Leo: "Hey, Raph will even carry you around 24/7."

Splinter: "Despite the generous offer, I must refuse. We are in the golden age of commercials. I would bring disgrace on my family if I missed even one."

Commercial: "You ever wanted ice cubes but found pouring water directly into the freezer isn't helpful? Then you need-

Ice tray brand trays for ice

The thrill of chill in every fill

Donnie: "Ok, ideas, people. My eyes need extreme skateboarding ASAP."

Leo: "Maybe next time, let's not put the WI-Fi in a high-traffic crash zone?"

Donnie glares at Leo for the implication of blame.

Raph: "Wi-fi! That's it. I know what to do."

{Time skip}

Donnie: "Gilbert's Department Store after hours. An idea par excellence, Raphael."

Raph: *chuckles* "I was due."

Me: "Plus, thanks to April's job here last year, we know the Password: 1."

We tune into the finals to avoid missing Sydney's 14-40.

Mikey: "I love you guys, and watching this with you is my favorite sibling bonding day of the year."

We all take part in a group hug before everyone except Donnie & I split up using their separate devices to watch the finals. Suddenly, there's a crashing sound not far from where we are.

Raph: "Did you guys hear that?"

Leo: "You mean that out bang? No."

Raph: "Is anyone gonna check it out?"

Donnie: "And miss skateboarding? Sounds like a job for the guy who's always telling us he's our leader."

Me: "I'll come, Raph. I'm sure it's nothing, but what are little sisters for?"

Raph dons a grateful smile, and we head off to find the source of the crash, Raph simultaneously watching the finals on our way up the escalator. When we hear footsteps, we pose as a couple of mannequins to discover that the footsteps belong to one of the Foot Clan members. We head back to the others to alert them of what we found.

Raph: "Guys! Those freaky flame-heads are stealing jewelry. Gear up, fellas. Time to show 'em what we think of that."

Leo: "Yeah, ok, you mean like after we're done watching the finals? Cool."

Me: "Come on, Leo. Crime never takes a break, so neither can we. Except maybe commercials."

Raph: "We'll try to do both. Fight bad guys and watch skating. Hey, and we are real heroes."

Mikey: "Yeah!"

Leo: "Let's get 'em!"

TO BE CONTINUED