Trust me

(y/n)'s POV

"So tell me, how are you fine massacring this village but not Konoha?"

Flicking the excess blood off my kunais, I stare up at Obito. He was dressed in his Tobi attire today and had decided to watch the show from the rooftops.

"I don't know these people." I shrug.

Obito scoffs loudly and drops down, standing in front of me and wiping the blood off my cheeks with his sleeve.

Usually I would try to protest this action, especially considering how he has acted lately, but this mission required being up early.

Sighing in exhaustion, I lean slightly into his touch. This light movement causes Obito to laugh to himself.

"What's so funny?" I grumble, standing straight again.

"After all these missions, you still can't do early morning ones huh?" He snickers, flicking my forehead.

Grumbling, I turn around and begin walking in the opposite direction. Unfortunately, I get stopped immediately by Obito grabbing my shoulder.

Before I could even say what, Obito whispers to put my mask back on. I do as he says, a little curious about why he's so serious all of a sudden.

Once my panda mask is on securely, I turn around - first glancing at the Uchiha, then at the little kid in front of us.

"You missed one."

I silently stare at the child, trying to figure out what's going through their mind. The kid stares back at us, also silent.

"Should I..." I begin, slowly looking over at Obito.

Obito glances between me and the kid - and almost like a switch had been clicked - he was now in full Tobi mode.

Backing away, I carefully jump onto the rooftop above us. Thankfully the kid didn't notice, with Tobi being so loud and in their face.

I watch Tobi put his thumb up; my cue to leave. Nodding to myself, I begin my journey back into the forest.

It hadn't even been ten minutes when Obito met up with me again, now missing his cloak and mask.

"So, what did you do?" I question, standing up from the branch I was previous sitting on.

"Sent the kid back home." Obito smiles, holding out his hand.

I stare down at his hand, then back at him with pure disgust on my face.

"Don't give me that look!" He grumbles, pulling his hand back and crossing his arms.

"That was so cliche!" I laugh, waving him off and holding my own hand out.

Obito ignores my hand and jumps past me, emitting saltiness. Laughing more, I follow after him, trying to reason.

This kind of interaction continued as we ventured back to the cave. It was relaxing in a sense. Sure, I had just committed mass murder and Obito killed an innocent child, but that's what we have to do.

Well, not have to.
It's just in our best interest.

More like my best interest.

Whatever, the point is it felt like a nice change of pace.

"Uchiha, could I borrow your clothes?" I ask, plopping down on the stone throne.

Obito turns around after sealing off the exit, watching me point to my still bloody clothing.