The calm before the storm

(y/n)'s POV

I stare at the back of Kakashi's jumping figure as we silently make our way through the trees. Obito and Rin were on the other side of us, also staying silent.

Boy, how things have changed since our last mission.

Kakashi suddenly stops, causing me to accidentally jump into him, knocking us both out of the trees.

"Ow.."

"Sorry!" I quickly yelp, stumbling up and holding my hand out.

He sighs and takes my hand, letting me pull him up. Obito and Rin jump down to us, seeing as we weren't going back up into hiding, and Kakashi proceeds to tell us a plan.

As he's explaining, I glance up at Obito. For some reason he was lightly glaring between me and Kakashi. Looking down, I notice I'm still holding Kakashi's hand. As I let go quickly, I hear Kakashi take a second to pause. With my hand by my side, Kakashi continues talking and Obito and Rin seem to have lightened up.

"So, how're we going to get inside?" Rin whispers, glancing around.

"We're not."

Obito, Rin, and I all collectively stare at Kakashi with surprise written on our faces.

"Oh no, where's the real Kashi?!" I whisper yell, shaking Kakashi as Obito snickers.

"I'm still here dumbass! Minato said we didn't need to risk our lives for this one, so we won't." He growls, tearing out of my grip.

Obito quickly comes to my side, hugging my shoulders and glaring at Kakashi.

"Be nice Kakashi!" He scolds, rubbing his cheek against mine.

Kakashi groans and turns around, beginning to walk away. I lightly laugh and sneak out of Obito's grasp to follow the leader. Obito and Rin quickly catch up to me, the three of us behind Kakashi as he silently figures out where we are.

Soon enough we make it to a clearing with a quant cabin in the horizon.

"Do we even know what this guy looks like?" Obito questions, putting his hands behind his neck.

Kakashi shakes his head and we all sigh. The closer we got to the cabin, the tougher it got to breathe. Almost as if we were walking into another world.

"Uh...Obito can you quickly try your Sharingan?" I whisper, pointing to the left of the cabin.

He nods and closes his eyes, the rest of us stopping in our tracks and staying silent. Once Obito opens his eyes again, he steps back, a small gasp escaping his lips.

"There's someone...just standing there." He whispers backing up more.

Rin quickly grabs his hand, gently pulling him back towards us. I grumble to myself at seeing her touching him but shrug it off.

"What does he look like-" Kakashi tries to ask, but gets interrupted by Obito screaming and tearing his hand out of Rin's to back up, tripping over his own feet and falling on his butt.

"HE'S STANDING BETWEEN YOU GUYS!!" Obito yells, quickly reaching into his weapon pouch.

Right as I was about to pull out a kunai, I feel a hand grasp around my neck. The shouts from my teammates slowly fade as everything starts to disappear.