Payback

(y/n)'s POV

"Where on earth did that Uchiha go?" I ask myself, looking around the foggy forest.

I didn't think waiting for Kakashi's dogs took that long, but it appears I'm just bad at calculating time.

Sighing, I sit down and hold my palm against the ground; watching Yokubō's chakra flow out and puddle around me before seeping into the grass.

"If you love me, you'd help find that kid's chakra..." I plea, laying down.

'You could just do this yourself-' I hear Yokubō grumble.

I roll my eyes at his comment and stare up at the sky. The fog around was almost purple...weird.

Something about this whole area felt off. I knew Orochimaru was odd, but why would he start his own village.

As I'm lost in my thoughts, I feel the chakra snap back into me and the feeling of sinking.

Quickly sitting up, I try to stumble to my feet. Looking down, I notice white snakes slithering up my legs.

"Gross, gross, gross-!!" I yelp, trying to pry them off.

Behind me comes a low chuckle, followed by a 'sss' sound.

"My, my. What's the Akatsuki princess doing here? And all alone too?"

I slowly turn to face the sannin and smile weakly.

"You come here often, Orochimaru?" I giggle, trying to not seem startled.

He ignores my comment and starts towards me, crouching down to be face to face. Grabbing my chin, he inspects both sides of my face before standing back up and getting rid of the snakes.

"What're you here for, (l/n)?"

I dust myself off and slowly stand up.

"Where's that Uchiha kid?" I ask back, secretly forming a shuriken of chakra in my hand.

Orochimaru's eyes narrow as he backs away. After a second, he starts laughing.

"He came to me for training. Think of it as you going to the Akatsuki. They're also criminals, but do you care?" He smiles, his tongue rolling out of his mouth as he licks his lips.

Those don't relate at all...

As we're talking, I start to feel another chakra get into our bounds. The hairs on the back of my neck start to raise, but the snake man in front of me doesn't seem to care.

As a sannin would, I guess.

"Orochimaru, please. What are you going to do to Sasuke?" I beg, wanting to get at least an answer before someone else shows up.

The snake man shrugs, still smiling.

"You'll find out." He hums, turning into a pile of snakes.

I watch the snakes slither off into separate directions, feeling major disappointment in myself.

Being swallowed by self guilt doesn't last long, as a mask gets put over my eyes.