Detonate

(y/n)'s POV

"I can't believe you're still mad at me for disappearing for 2 months." I sigh, opening one eye to look at Deidara.

"I'm mad because I thought I was the reason you died, hm! And if that was the case, Danna would've haunted me for sure!" Deidara complains, glaring over his shoulder at me.

Leaning back against the clay bird's tail, I close my eye again and smile.

"Your fault really for thinking I'd die that easily." I snicker.

Hearing Deidara grumble to himself only increases my smile, causing me to sit up and lean towards the blonde. I sneakily roll his cloak sleeve up to reveal his sowed on arm.

"Oh, and cute stitches by the way. Really reminds me of my old teddy bear." I giggle, looking up to be met with a tongue.

Widening my eyes, I quickly slap away his hand and sit back. Crossing my arms and pouting, I listen to him grumble more.

Most of his complaints so far have been about me leaving or how I should've saved him earlier. Both of which I guess are fair, but still.

"Come on Deidei, you're still alive and that's all that matters right?" I smile again, earning a sigh of defeat from the c4 man himself.

Raising my fist in the air, I silently celebrate my win.

"I thought you liked Sasori more, hm?" Deidara questions, turning around to fully face me.

I quickly wave him off, earning an eye roll in return.

Sure I was closer with Sasori, but having lived with these idiots for years, it's kind of hard not to care about all of them. Not to mention, not being able to save Sasori, Hidan, or Kakazu really upped my protectiveness.

Especially with Deidara since he was far younger than the rest of us.

"Here's our stop." I mention, watching Deidara turn back around and pilot the bird down to the ground.

Once on the ground, I quickly hop off and disconnect the gunbai from my back. Looking around, I notice just how destroyed the surrounding area is.

I suppose Naruto did get stronger...

Shaking my head, I start kicking through the dirt piles; occasionally using the fan to cover more ground.

"Why're we even retrieving Kakazu's ring? And why did I have to come with?" Deidara asks, leaning against his bird with his arms crossed.

Looking up at him, I teleport in front of him.

"I still need a ring, you dope." I say, wiggling my fingers.

Deidara rolls his eyes and pushes me away.

"So, all this time you've never actually been a part of us?" He jokes, looking away and covering his eyes.

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. I lightly slap his side with the gunbai before teleporting back out into the field, hearing a distant laugh from Deidara.