Peaceful For Once.

(y/n)'s POV

After my little mishap with Obito, I had jumped down and just started roaming the village. I had my mask off and hidden and I didn't care who saw me. Because the way I see it, they'll know me sooner or later.

"Now where will I stay...?" I ask myself, looking around at the lonely streets.

No one was awake and I barely have enough money to stay anywhere nice. I could try and find Naruto, but the kid needs his free time. Kakashi would probably kill me or freak out if he saw me normally. Maybe I could stay with Anko? She was always into those ghost stories we would tell...

"I could just go to Lord Third and tell him that I'm actually alive." I say, looking up at the monument.

My eyes land on the Fourth's engraved face. My heart breaks a bit, but I smile anyways; putting my fist on my chest and then out towards the faces.

"I'm back, sensei."

'gRuMblE'

I put down my arm and stare at my stomach for a few seconds, trying to figure out why it made noise.

Oh yeah.

Eating is important.

I dash off towards Ichiraku's and hope that they're still open. My mouth begins to water when I stop in front of the little shack. The smell was still very noticeable and easy to pin point. I walk in and sit on a stool by the counter. After ordering my ramen, I close my eyes and put my head down, wanting to sleep.

My hope of sleep quickly disappears when I hear a familiar voice next to me.

"Aren't you supposed to be home?"

I look to the right of me and see little Naruto. I can't help but smile and pat his head, trying to match his energy.

"I could ask you the same thing." I laugh, quickly thanking Ichiraku for the ramen.

Naruto glances around the room and stays silent, trying to avoid answering. I sigh and shake my head, regretting what I just said.

"You don't have to answer, Naruto." I giggle, attempting to lighten the mood.

He looks over and smiles as a thank you and we both start eating, enjoying a peaceful silence. The only noise that could be heard is the wind and the cleaning of bowls. My mind slows down and I finally feel at peace again. Sure, being with Obito can be peaceful at times, but he's gotten so angry over the years that it really ruins the mood. God knows the base isn't peaceful at all. I mean, it's peaceful when barely anyone is there, but that rarely happened. The only time I felt at peace was before all this happened. When we were all still kids. I shake my head lightly and finish eating, pushing the bowl away slightly and tossing the chop sticks in it.

When Ichiraku came over, I paid for both Naruto and I. After doing that, I hear Naruto gasp, causing me to look over at him. He was smiling like an idiot and started to hug me. Heh. Funny how something so small could make this boy so happy.

"Hey uh, Naruto. This may be strange to ask, but would you mind if I stayed with you tonight?" I ask, letting go of him.

"I would love for you to stay over! We could stay up late and you can tell me stories about you and your demon's adventures!!" Naruto says, basically jumping around now.