The Test

(y/n)'s POV

I smile lightly at the old man in front of me. The old man that practically gave me my new life. Lord third. Oh, how I missed this man.

"L-lord third...I'm back." I smile, bowing.

He stays silent and doesn't move. I glance through my bangs to see the anbu slowly getting closer to me.

"Lord third? Please believe me! I'm not a fake!" I yelp, smacking away the hands of the anbu guards.

Just as I was about to speak again, one of the anbu cover my mouth and another holds my wrists behind my back. I try to fight back but my struggles were no use. Not like I'm going to use Yokubō either...

"Guards, wait." A voice booms.

I feel a smile grace my features as the guards let go of me. They back away, but still have me surrounded just in case.

"Tell me..what makes you think I should believe that you're really (y/n)." Lord third sighs, crossing his arms.

I take a deep breath and nod, glancing around at the anbu.

"Well, you're the one that gave me my new life. You had Minato and Kushina take me in. You had them train me so that I could not only control my bijuu, but also be good enough to graduate from the Academy. After I graduated, you're the one who put me on Minato's team with Obito, Rin, and Kakashi. You're the one who gave us the mission of fighting in the war. You're the one who told me not to worry when Obito died. You had let me stay in one of the rooms here when Minato and Kushina died because I couldn't handle doing humanly things. And-" I paused, shaking my head.

I noticed that the third was inspecting me as if I would snap at any second. I was about to talk again, but he had cut me off, waving dismissively. Cocking my head, I ask what he was doing.

"You gave good points, but please, do tell me what all you've been up to and why you're here all of a sudden."

I nod and think back, wondering if I should tell them the truth or just make up a lie. Deciding on the lie, I smirk.

"Well, when I disappeared, I had gotten kidnapped. Nothing too bad happened, but it did take me quite a while to escape. Once escaping, I didn't know where I was. I may have just stayed at a nice little village, but not for long. I went off to other places to practice more jutsus. During my adventures I had heard of this kid who had the nine tails. Obviously me being me, I had ventured back here to try and help the poor kid. It seems that I forgot that uh...Naruto was the kid. But hey..I'm back for a while!" I laugh nervously, glancing between the third and the many anbu guards.

My nervousness got eliminated when the third began to laugh, telling the guards to step away. I had bowed again and sighed. The guards left me alone and went back to their original spots and the third beckoned me closer. I took a seat on the floor in front of his desk and waited for him to speak.

"(y/n), we're glad you're back. Tomorrow you will have a sort of "test" to see where you stand and then after that, we will assign you a job. Hope that's all fine with you?" Lord third informs, raising an eyebrow when he finishes.

"Uh, yup. That's all fine! I'm fine with that! Mhm!!" I panic, nodding too many times.

"Alright...go off and get some sleep, you will be needed at training ground four in the morning." He ends, nodding me off to leave.