A Hawkins Party (Pt.1)

As soon as I had gotten home, I rushed to my room to take a shower. I knew I had to look extra good for this party tonight. I didn't want to try too hard, but Eddie was expecting me to look "even more beautiful." I had to make sure it happened.

I sat on the small bench in my towel, adding make up to my face. I put a small amount of blush, eye shadow and mascara on. I didn't want to overdue it.

Once I finished, I started looking around in my closet for the dress I was prepared to wear. Panic started to settle in when I realized I couldn't find it. I was about to give up before I ran over to the laundry room, finding it hung up and clean.

"Thank you, Mom." I sighed. I smiled and ran back upstairs to try the dress on. It was a denim blue halter dress that had an open back. It was a lot more scandalous than what I'm used to, but a little back wouldn't kill anyone.

"(Y/N) if you don't hurry up, I'm going to start walking there." Brandon called through the door.

"Relax, I'm ready." I called back. I spritzed myself with my favorite perfume before checking myself out one last time. I had on low, white heels with my hair flowing down to my mid-back. I lean over to get closer to the mirror before adding on some lipstick. It was a very light red, almost looking as if it wasn't there at all, but it darkened my lips enough to show them off.

After rubbing my lips together, I ran downstairs to meet both siblings. Juliet decided on black jeans and a fun patterned, button up shirt while Brandon stood in light-wash blue jeans, a white shirt and a jean jacket. They both danced in their spots, waiting and begging for me to be just a little faster.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go!" I joked as I passed them to reach the front door. Brandon and Juliet started making little remarks at my question, causing me to throw my head back in laughter.

Thankfully, the party wasn't too far, so the drive only really lasted a few minutes. We could've walked, but I didn't think that was too good of an idea since it was dark out now.

I parked my car around the block after finally finding a spot. The party looked like it was just getting started and packed. Kids were flooding the house. I turn my car off and turn my body towards Brandon and Juliet.

"Now, listen. There is no drinking alcohol, doing drugs, or having sex, do you hear me?" Brandon rolled his eyes as Juliet scrunched up her little innocent nose. "I'm serious or we will leave and never go to another party again."

"Whatever, can we go now?" Brandon asked with attitude. Attitude that wasn't needed, but I wasn't going to say anything since I knew it would lead to an argument.

"Sure. Go have fun." Brandon was the first to skip out of the car to go look for his new friends. Juliet just sat there, looking nervous. "What's wrong, Jules?"

"What if Mom and Dad find out? What if I get in trouble? What if something happens? What if I can't find my friends?" Juliet rambled on with more questions as she became more nervous.

"Juliet, take a deep breath." We made eye contact and took deep breaths together. "Mom and Dad are never around, so they won't find out. I won't let them. Also, nothing will happen. We are going to have fun and you will find your friends. If you don't, then you can stand by me the whole time and if you want to leave early then we can."

"What about Brandon? Won't he get mad?" Juliet asked. We both knew the answer to that one. He was a good kid, but he also didn't like when people got in the way of his fun.

"Brandon will be fine. Now, let's go have fun, shall we?" Juliet smiled and nodded as I did the same, stepping out of the car. We made our walk to the front door, slipping right into the growing crowd. It was a pretty big house, but I was still a little nervous about the overflow of kids joining.