Christmas Day (Pt.2)

"Eddie, I'm really nervous." I tried to push him back, but he was stronger than me and had the upper hand of being on a lower level as he blocked my way of going back down the stairs and into the van. 

"Darling, there's nothing to be nervous about." Eddie moved to the side I that I tried to go underneath his arm, blocking me once more. I stood up straight and huffed as I stomped my foot, only making Eddie laugh. 

"You're such a baby. Just go in there and rip the band aid off." Juliet was standing on the ground, crossing her arms and judging me.

"You don't have to meet Dustin's whole family at once and tell them that you're engaged." I whisper-yelled at her over Eddie's shoulder. 

"That is true." Juliet nodded her head as she shrugged her shoulders in agreement. 

"(Y/N), just breathe." Eddie cupped my face in his hands and motioned for me to take in a deep breath with him, so I did. We let go of the breath together and I frowned. "You'll be fine. If anything goes wrong and you want to leave, then we can make up a code word. How about mistletoe?" 

"Mistletoe?" I questioned as he brought his hands down and into mine. Eddie nodded and I sighed as I kept repeating the word in my head over and over again. 

"Ready, bug?" Eddie turned around towards Juliet. 

"Always." Juliet smiled as she nodded. Eddie then turned to look at me with a concerned look.

"I'll be fine." I tried to convince myself. He gave me a reassuring smile and left a kiss on my knuckles before walking up the porch to stand beside me with my hand in his. Eddie then opened the door, making everyone inside turn towards him as he let Juliet in first with us following behind. 

"Eddie!" A little boy yelled excitedly as he ran over. Eddie let go of my hand and picked the boy up before flying him into the air, making him giggle. 

"Hey, bud." Eddie wrapped his arms around the kid as he sat in front of Eddie's chest. "This is (Y/N), can you say hi?" The little boy looked over at my shyly and shook his head before leaning his body onto Eddie. 

"Hi." I smiled at the boy, making him blush and hide his face. I let out small laugh as the boy peaked through his fingers to look up at me before closing them again when he noticed I was still looking at him. 

"Jack, stop being so shy." A woman with a southern accent came walking over and took the little boy from Eddie's arms. "I'm sorry about that, dear."

"Oh, no, don't worry." I blushed and smiled as I gave the boy one last glance. 

"I'm Cheryl, Eddie's cousin and Jack's mom." She reached her free hand out and I took it into mine, shaking it. 

"I'm (Y/N)." I smiled at her. 

"Holy, smokes! She's even prettier than you described." A taller man walked up and wrapped his arm around Eddie's shoulders as he smiled at me. "Whenever Eddie visits, he doesn't shut the hell up about ya. I mean, I don't mind, but you would think the boy has something else to talk about." 

"Thank you for that." Eddie blushed as the man laughed and took his arm back. "This is my other uncle, Cheryl's dad, Dylan." 

"Nice to meet you, hun." He then grabbed me into a tight hug. 

"Nice to meet you, too." I giggled as he pulled away from me. I looked to my side and noticed Juliet was already making friends with a girl her age. 

"Are you still nervous?" Eddie whispered into my ear as he pulled my hand back into his. I glanced up at him and smiled.