Preparing for BAT-tle

"Vecna." Dustin and Eddie said at the same time. 

"Who?" The group asked in unison. 

"He's a powerful wizard in D&D. He must be cursing (Y/N) to see all of these nightmares and lose control of reality." Dustin spoke as he shyly glanced over at me. Everyone seemed to avoid eye contact with me after hearing what happened this morning between Eddie and I. Even Eddie would barely look at me and it absolutely tore me apart, but I understand why. I could have killed him and no one would be able to stop me. 

"So, what do we do?" Juliet asked. 

"I have no idea." Dustin admitted. 

"What do you mean you have no idea? We have to do something! We can't just let her die like the rest of them." Mike slammed his hand on the table, making everyone jump and stare at him in shock. I don't think anyone at this table would have imagined he would be the one to be so passionate about saving me. 

"She's not going to die." Lucas tried to reason. 

"How do you know? If it really is Vecna then that means he's extremely powerful, putting her in serious danger." Mike fought back. 

"We have El and Juliet. Plus, we just learned that (Y/N) has powers, too, so I think we have a pretty good team." Lucas told him. 

"No. Keep El out of this." Mike protested. 

"She's her own person, Mike. She can do whatever she wants." Max told him. 

"I know she is, but that doesn't mean she should put herself in danger again. I've lost her way too many times already. I don't want to lose her again." My heart broke from Mike's words and I glanced over at Eddie who was looking over at me with the saddest frown. As soon as he caught my eye contact, he looked back down with glossy eyes. 

"Okay, okay. We need to focus." Dustin spoke up. 

"What if we went into the Upside Down and killed him?" Erica, Lucas' little sister, asked out loud. Somehow she was pulled into the mix of everything. I didn't mind, I actually really enjoyed her company. 

"That is a terrible idea." Lucas shook his head at her.

"That actually isn't the worst idea ever." Dustin tried to reason. 

"Actually, it is." Steve started. "We don't know anything about this wizard or what his evil plot is." 

"Evil plot?" Dustin questioned in amusement.

"I might know a little about him." Nancy spoke up, making all of our heads turn towards her. "He visited my dreams." 

"What? Nance, why didn't you tell us?" Steve asked in shock.

"I don't know. I didn't think anything of it." She shrugged. 

"Well, what did you see?" Jonathon intervened. 

"He showed me his past life." Nancy went on about how Vecna is actually Peter who's also Henry along with being known as 001. It was very confusing, but somehow it made sense. 

"So, he has powers like El, Juliet and (Y/N)?" Robin asked. Nancy nodded in return, making everyone nervous. 

"I have a bad feeling about this." Will admitted. 

"If we were to go into the Upside Down and find this Peter slash Vecna slash whatever, then how would we get there?" Steve asked. 

"If he's actually Henry Creel, then maybe there's something in the Creel house that could help us." Erica suggested. 

"I saw something." I spoke up. Everyone looked at me in shock as I finally said something after being silent all morning. "He's been opening gates at each sight that he's killed someone."