Growing Up & Falling Apart

(Y/N)'s POV

"This wasn't an easy decision, honey. I'm so sorry." My mother gave me a worried look as I sat there in silence, trying to process everything that she just told me.

"If it was a mistake moving here then why the fuck did you do it in the first place? You knew what happened here and you put us in danger." I could feel myself getting angrier by the second as the pieces started coming together. I kept my stare on the floor as I bounced my knee anxiously. I couldn't believe them.

"It's not like that." My mother tried to reason. That was when my head snapped over to her and I gripped the edge of the table to keep myself under some kind of control.

"Excuse you? It's not like what? Did you or did you not know about the past about this place?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Sweetie, we-" She started.

"Stop fucking calling me that." I stood up, pushing my chair back into the wall. My mother jumped while my father just stared, keeping silent. "I can't believe you guys."

"Then stay here." I looked over in shock as my father finally said something.

"What?"

"Stay here. We don't care." He repeated himself. My breathing was now getting out of control as he gave me that same look he used to. If these memories never came into my life recently then I would be shocked. I never remembered him acting or talking that way to me until my powers started to push through, opening my mind to my hidden past. "We just want Juliet, anyways."

"You have no right to take Juliet anywhere." I growled at him as I pointed my finger his way. This angered him more and I watched as he titled his head, keeping his eyes on my every move.

"Juliet is my daughter and I will take her if I need to." My father spat.

"And what about me? Am I not your daughter?" I could feel my heart racing as my hands trembled. I knew the answer to that question, but I wanted to hear him admit it.

"You're absolutely not." He responded.

"(Y/F/N)!" My mother turned to him in shock as she gasped.

"She's old enough to understand, (Y/M/N)." My father told my mother before standing up and stepping closer to me. "You're not my blood meaning you're not my daughter. You're a goddamn Brenner not a (Y/L/N)." Even though I already knew, it still broke me.

"Stop this right now!" My mother stood up behind him as she slammed her hand onto the table, but my father and I kept out stare on one another without flinching. We weren't backing down anytime soon. You would think he was my father with the way we competed with each other, but clearly I wasn't related to him.

"You'll always be a failed experiment and you'll never be my daughter. Never. Juliet and Brandon are my children. They are more powerful than you will ever be." He was raging at this point.

"You don't know anything about them!" I screamed. I wanted to cry from how passionate I felt about my siblings. They were my world and the man who stood in front of me knew nothing of the connection we share. "You were never there for them, I was. I took care of them when you were too busy doing god-knows-what. You didn't just fuck up the lives of your own children, but all the others that you experimented on. You both put us in a town full of danger and now look. Brandon is dead! I lost my brother because of your fuck up. Where were you guys? No where! I almost died! Where were you then? When all of this shit happened to Juliet and I, even my friends, you were never around. You didn't show up for the holidays or for anything important in our lives, so how about it stays that way. Just go and leave us behind. We didn't need you then and we certainly don't need you now." My chest was heaving from the emotions that were taking over my body.